New members of the Reunion Island forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Reunion Island forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Reunion Island if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi All,

I am not sure what this Expat Project is supposed to mean? But I joined this forum to know more about starting an education service/business/project on the island. I thought those who are already on the island would be able to better advise me.

Just retired after 20 years of lecturing in a private university in Malaysia. But retiring is just some numbers and I believe I have many more years left to contribute positively to the younger generation.

I am a Tamilian (Tamil) living in Malaysia. My grandparents were brought by the British to Malaysia by the British in early 1900's to work in the oil palm plantations.

Actually am in Rodrigues and my boyfriend and I wanted to move in Mauritius but in at the login process there was no issue to put Mauritius that is why i put Reunion island. I wanted to explain that first.

We want to move to Mauritius for work and are in the disponibility to move anytime.we want to work and built a futur that is why i contact you to help us.

But if we had a chance to move to Reunion Island it with be great also even we were focus on Mauritius but we dont have the capital to do that.

We have seek for work for years in Rodrigues but nothing. We are in need of work to be able to own our neccessary in the coming future

I have worked in call centers only but is available to learn other jobs. My boyfriend is in the construction sector.

My husband and I are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are from the United States (Arizona). We arrived here June 2018 and will be here until December 2019. There are 15 missionaries on Reunion and 4 congregations (Saint Denis, Sainte Marie, Le Port, Saint Pierre).

Hello,

Nice to hear your story.

I plan to move to La Reunion in August with my girlfriend who is from the island

I would like to start a business of some type.

I have a lot of experience in IT training so I was wondering how your education business was going?

Where is the best place to live in La Reunion?

Hi am swaheen from mauritius.still working as assistant manager of school. Soon will be on retirements.your vision seems very interesting. Will like some sharings.do reply please

Very hopeful Don't live me hopeless.thanks

Which Church ? May I know .

Hi Julian,

Nice forum!!!!!!

How long have you been in La Reunion

What is the English speaking expat community like in Le Tampon ?

Jon

I will  like to know more about the island I am floor manager in south  Africa  but was looking to move to reunion. Any advice on how to find a job accommodation  which one is the best city when it comes to hospitality

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880515

Thanks!

Closed