New members of the Greece forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Greece forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Greece if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, my name is patroklos from Athens-Greece, 40 years old an i am glad that i get member of expat

My husband, who is a Greek but has lived abroad to 25 years, are relocat Athens.

Hi! My name is Sophie,from Athens,Greece and  i am  so glad that i get member of  expat!!!!

Hi everyone,we are a middle aged couple with one dog who lives outside. We are retiring and want to move to the pelopennese which is our favourite place,however we are finding it increasingly difficult to find a suitable place to rent long term within our budget. Any advice would be gladly received. Look forward to hear any information, thank you.
Fiona and mark

Hello millerfiona,take a look at the offers on here,Expat.com,there is a place for cheap rent at Gytheion on the pellopennese,looks good,dont know where that place is,you could try placing a wanted  add here as well.How soon are you looking to move here?if its this summer you will need to move fairly fast as Greece is so in demand now but Im sure there must be something for you.Are you with car when you come here,if so you could visit agents whilst looking for something,stay in cheap rooms while you decide exactly where you want to be or maybe you know already.I have a house with a separate apartment which someone could use as a stop off or resting point on the way to the Peloppenes near Loutraki.I hope you find something and enjoy life here.

Hi concertina,thank you so much for your reply.
We are leaving our house on the first of May,so very soon.
As I said before we are really struggling to find somewhere suitable,but also flights from some places in  the UK don't start till May!!! It's good to know you have an apartment available though,we will definitely keep it in mind for a short visit.
I will keep in touch and thank you again for taking the time to contact us.
Fiona and Mark.

Hello millerfiona,you can always private message me for any advice/help.Dont forget you need to register yourselves fairly soon if you intend to stay, within three months of living here,I didnt do it for about twelve years because I was registered with the council as being married with a Greek and he had me added to his payments with state health care,I was told off by the police station rather badly which was upsetting,I now have the said thing thank goodness.Its best to just look stooopid when they tell you off,quite easy for me.It may be good for you to have the delay on the Brexit then you still get here as an EU citizen,things may get tricky afterwards,paper work etc..

Hi concertina,thank so much for your offer of advice it really is appreciated I know we will need all the help we can get.
I will keep in touch and thanks again
Fiona

Hi,
I am a Canadian and living in Canada and thinking about moving to Greece in the near future.  I want to live a simple life and enjoy my day by exercising, swimming, talking to interesting people, dancing and good food.  I am not looking for a luxury life.

Hi all,

I am happy to be here. I decided lately that I would like to change my life. I am living in Romania, in a beautiful city, I have a good job which is well paid and a nice house, I have my friends here...but I don`t feel happy at all. It just doesn`t feel like home. I am overload with stress. I visited Greece many time before, and it makes me feel less stressed and more happy. This is why I would like to move to Thessaloniki. At the moment I am looking for a job (I speak greek and english fluently) and a place where I can live. If you guys have any tips, let me know.

Thanks a lot,

Hi  my name is Nana ossaitutu form  Ghanaian lady and new in Athens am here as expat and I have been here for same weeks now am looking for a job as nenny or housekeeping if anyone  can be of help to me thank you.

Peloponese is a big area.  Do you have an idea of where you want to be?

Where are you living?
What experience do you have?
What salary are you seeking?
Are you here with papers?
Are you a single or a couple?

I live at krissis 44 that is my steet I have  experience in house work and babysitter  I have papers  and sarely will be 1000€ for a month thank you

Am  single

Hi aliapis > if you want to message a particular member on this thread, please use your private message system. The topic on this thread is about introduction of new members of the Greece forum.

As you are a new member, could you please introduce your self and tell us about your project?

Thank you,
Christine

Are you looking for live-in?
I will ask but I believe 1000 may be more than this couple has in mind.

I don't have a project.
Is that mandatory

Hi All,

My name is Gwang and I am from Thailand. I am moving to Athens next week to study a Master degree. I am so glad to be part of the Expat page and hope to know you better. :-)

Yes live in job

Hi there! I'm a Ugandan pursuing an MA in Digital Media, Communication and Journalism from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, in Greece. I have vast experience in the field of Marketing and Communications and I'm passionate about travelling and writing about my experiences on my blog ([link moderated]). I'm new in Greece and so I'm looking to meet new people, fellow expats and hopefully to find part time work while I am here.

Hi there Fiona,are you from Sherborne by any chance?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880433

Thanks!

Closed