Visa advise

Hi there, I'm new to this forum.
Here's a little on my position, I am married to a nz resident/citizen currently living in London with three children. I have applied for a partner residence visa and was submitted on the 15/01/2019. We sold our house in June last year and moved into a rental property knowing we wanted to make the move to nz. This property was a 1 year lease contract agreement with the privilege of staying a few more months if needed (verbal agreement as we know the landlord). Which is why I left applying for our visa until now. Turns out the landlord has found new tennants ready to move in when our contract ends in June. A partner residence visa could take up to 9 months to get a decision so I'm pretty sure I won't be hearing anything in the next 4/5 months. My question is...

Can you apply for another visa while another is being submitted which allows me to Work in nz, obviously keeping our furniture in storage in the uk until we get a decision on our residence visa?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum

You cannot apply for another visa type whilst your first application is being processed. The dept may consider the applications as a fraudulent way to enter the country.

Thanks for the advise