Moving to Bangalore from USA-house location recommendation

Hello Everyone,
  I'm not use of blogging and really need advise from  you all who lives in India. I have 2 young kids ages, 4 and 2 yrs old. Wondering  if  you have any recommendation as far as  the following

1) neighborhood to live or gated community  other than Palm Meadows ( recommended by a friend)
we are looking for house close to International School of Bangalore or 30-40 minutes from the school and Kundanahallo Main Rd.

2) child/montessori program for my 2.y.o.

3) any advises what's worth bringing from the USA that is impossible to find in India

4) any advise/s highly appreciated

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Anxious MOM

Hello and welcome to the forum jhoieA :)

I hope other members will show up with helpful advices soon ;)

Regards
Armand

@ Armand -thank you.
@Ray80 - thank you for the sound advise :) will keep it in mind.

Glad to see I'm not the only anxious mother.

We're moving to Bangalore in mid-July from Tulsa, OK. My husband just flew over to start looking for apartments. I'm afraid I don't have any recommendations in that area of the city for you...we are moving to the Koramangala area, which I believe is a little west of the Whitefield area of Palm Meadows.

Good luck finding a place....we should playdate sometime! I have two boys, ages 3 and 5.

Hi

I would suggest North Bangalore,where you have gated community of Sobha Coral,Malachite,ruby,sapphire etc.Also have choice of posh Apt. like Prestige Monte Carlo and gated community like Swiss Town etc.North Bangalore is also hub for International School...like TRIO world school etc...:)

We have a fully furnished 3BR apartment (Gated community) for rent in Bangalore (North) . Here are additional details.

Description:       This is a fully furnished 3 Bedroom flat for rent in Prestige Monte Carlo, Yelahanka, Bangalore off of Doddaballapur Road near Ramanashri Resort. It is in close proximity to Bangalore airport and Manyatha Tech Park. Other Details: 2 Car Parking, 1815 Square Feet, Fully Furnished, 5th Floor

Amenities: Swimming Pool, Health Spa,Club House, Gymnasium, 24 hour Security, Banquet Hall, 24 Hour Power Backup, Play ground,Garden. 

If interested please contact us via email at roy2rani@gmail.com

[Moderated: Please post in Housing section]

HEy jhoieA,

Just an recommendation you can check out Prestige Shantiniketan Society , its in Whitefield and my I have been staying here for year . Its a really posh and safe society to stay in .

Hope this help,in case of any further concern please let me know I might able to suggest you :)

Thanks
Teena Kohli

jhoieA: You may want to check out HSR Layout as well. I am not sure about a gated community here, but it is quite safe as the area is posh and is filled with all the top government officials and politicians (read that as a lot of security guards and night watch policemen). Of course, you will also find some really nice apartments.

The area is also filled with some international schools and is quite near to few more up to Sarjapur and Koramangala. There are a couple of good Montessori here.

- Cheers,
  Karthik

[moderated: i invite you to post your ad in the housing section]

Hi,

I believe you got enough inputs on point 1 and 2.

Regarding point 3, I would say you will probably get everything here. You just need to go to the right places.

If you drink wine, it may help to bring few bottles. I guess you can only bring two bottles.

Cheers
Vinay

HI, When are you moving to Bangalore. Whitefield is a good place to live in and close to International schools.

[moderated: post in the housing section.]

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

Hi,
I need some guide on the housing location too. I have a big family and a live in maid so i am looking for a minimum of 4 bedrooms apartment or house in a gated community. We need a fully furnished one. And i am considering to send my children to INDUS or Canadian International School. Any suggestion on the nearby and safe area?

Hi again,
I just posted my notes looking for apartment or house for my big family, in the housing area nearby to INDUS or CISB. I will be arriving in early Dec 2013.  I am currently doing a random search online based on the website recommended by some posts above. However, i have no idea about the geographical area in Bangalore, how is the town being segmented, how to identify the town or street name, i am totally at loss.. If someone can guide me on some keywords on how the area is divided, this will be so helpful. Thank you!

U can stay near marthahalli area. Check some appartments in this area?

There is a great, independent vill available in Whitefield. See https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/i … field.html