Flat Needed for Long Term Rent from mid Feb

Hi,

we are professional couple from London, moving to Malta in mid Feb 2019.
We are looking for an accommodation with the following specs and would appreciate offers and updates for the same:

Locations of interest:
Sliema; Gzira; Ta'Xbiex; Msida; St.Julian's; Pieta (in this order).

Type of Property:
Flat / Apartment; Maisonette; Penthouse

Apartment features:
Bedrooms:  2+
Bathrooms: 1+ (guest toilet)
Balcony:   1+
Not ground floor
Furnished / finished
Internet (a must)
Air Conditioning (a must)
Washing machine (a must)
Preferably Sea View
Preferably flat screen TV
To rent for 6+ months.

Max Budget:
Euro 750 /month

Move in date(s):
Any day between 13th - 17th Feb 2019

Thanks in advance!

You need to be in Malta looking at properties so you can see what the areas are like,as mentioned on here so many times the agents adverts are usually out of date.

Firstly, you need to really be here to look and not go by descriptions.(you can ignore many of the letting agents ads as they are not up tp date or available as Gozomo said.)

Secondly, you will have to up your budget if you want to live in those areas.

Thirdly, you will do better asking in a Facebook property group for Malta or looking at Maltapark for available properties or placing an ad in the property section on here.

Last and quite important, six month let is not considered a long let and you will more likely be looking at holiday let prices. Long let, 12 months minimum.

But you really do need to be here to view and arrange anything!

If you decide on a property without viewing it you will regret it, you need to see what's happening round the area regards building works etc, like Foxglove mentioned you may have to up your budget.

I think most points have been covered by Foxglove! I am presently working as a property consultant in Malta and just wanted to say that I completely agree with Foxglove. You need to either increase your budget to a minimum €900/month for a 2 bed in the areas you have mentioned or expand your search to central areas like Birkirkara, Balzan, Attard, Mosta, Zejtun, Zurrieq, Luqa and others. Also, having internet included in the price is a bleak possibility. Most probably you will have to get your own contract with either Melita or GO. For a sea view property, you are most certainly looking to go in an area like Xghajra for the price you have mentioned. You will be able to find a sea view property there for 700 too!

Finally, as mentioned by GozoMo and Foxglove, prices with agencies are not updated and in some cases, this is done purposefully to attract more client queries. Your best bet is to look for a property on FB Marketplace and Maltapark and if lucky you might be able to avoid the atrocious agency fees too :)

Best luck!

Hi why don't you use try some agents. I can suggest some facebook pages such as century21malta and Coldwell banker paramount realty. Send them a message.. you can also check their websites as well. And let me see too..