Free lance teaching in Budapest

Hey all  :)

Could someone please explain the step by step process of applying for a working permit (as a third country national) with the purpose of free lance teaching here in Budapest.

*Side note - I currently have a residence permit (family reunification) that is valid until 2020...I'm not sure if this changes the process for applying for a working permit, whether it's more of an addition or not. *

Any and all information is helpful!

If your residence permit does not include a work permit, then that first needs to be addressed.

Regarding "free lance", there really is no such thing in Hungary anymore. The government now expects one to start a business, or use the KATA form of fixed, pre-paid tax payment. The rules have changed so much in even the past year I can no longer give much advise. Suggest going to the Hungarian tax office, or contacting a Hungarian accountant.

klsallee wrote:

If your residence permit does not include a work permit, then that first needs to be addressed.

Regarding "free lance", there really is no such thing in Hungary anymore. The government now expects one to start a business, or use the KATA form of fixed, pre-paid tax payment. The rules have changed so much in even the past year I can no longer give much advise. Suggest going to the Hungarian tax office, or contacting a Hungarian accountant.

klsallee,

thanks for the response!

it's true that my permit it for residence purposes alone, not work. I have the right to look for employment but not the right to work (yet). I want to address it as soon as possible (thus the sooner I would be able to be employed) but I wanted to be sure exactly which work permit I should be pursuing. I need a TAJ and tax number before a language school will hire me. 

I was advised today by a possible employer that on average most "non contract" teachers use the KATA fixed form and I will be looking further into this.

thanks again for the advice. I'll keep you posted on any info I receive.