Finding work and somewhere to live and cost of living in Mombasa

Hey, so l am planning to move to Mombasa next year.  I have registered with different employment agencies in Kenya/Mombasa, but was wondering if there is any other way l can look for work from the UK.

Also, is there a website that l can look for somewhere to live and what is the average monthly rent.

Can you let me have information on cost of living, food, rent, utilities, health insurance, taxes etc

I will be in Mombasa February and March, so if possible l can research while l am there.

Thank you

Yvonne

Here's a really nice website which helps with cost estimates of many cities. Just input the name of the city and Country.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/

For rental info check out:

Pigiame.co.ke

olx.co.ke

Ali 😃

For rental costs try the housing section at the top of this page.

Thank you for the information, l will check this out later.

Do you know of any job websites

Yvonne

Google is your friend. Use him.

Thank you, l have already used google, just wanted to know if there was any sites you can recommend

To work in Kenya you must have a work permit and these can only be applied for from your home country.  Work permits apply to volunteer and paid work.

It's possibly a little early to search for housing, as even if you interview suceesfully for a job in Mombasa, you would be travelling home immediately to apply for the work permit and await processing, which can take a few months.