Getting an IT Job in Seychelles

I was recently in Seychelles (Praslin, La Digue and Mahe) and I loved the country and climate and the atmosphere. I usually read around about the country I'm visiting and I read that Seychelles is trying to build up their financial and IT services as means of independence from the tourism and fishing industries. I've also read from various sources that in Seychelles jobs are not advertised online and a lot happens locally and to my understanding from mouth to mouth.

As an IT person interested in moving to Seychelles what are possible steps? Usually, you search online but there aren't any postings. IT is also implied to have presence online. Do I need to travel to Seychelles and try to search for a job locally and if yes then how would that work?

Besides my questions focused on how to land an IT job in Seychelles, I'm also curious for your insight with regards to the effort put to grow the economy in the non-hospitality services such as finance and IT. How is the government pushing this without online presence? Is it something that started very recently?

Welcome to the forum

I suggest a Google search. Just type 'IT jobs Seychelles' into your search engine. I had a quick look and lots there on offer.

:/:/:/

Word of mouth is definitely correct! Most of us locals know a lot of people, and it starts by someone saying “hey this company is looking for someone, let me know if you know anyone” and it starts like that, and the person gets employed through recommendations. A lot of Seychellois are actually on Facebook, we have lots of Facebook groups for all kinds of things. So it's not that we are not online on Google, it's that we are all on Facebook! ;-)

tropicalweb wrote:

Word of mouth is definitely correct! Most of us locals know a lot of people, and it starts by someone saying “hey this company is looking for someone, let me know if you know anyone” and it starts like that, and the person gets employed through recommendations. A lot of Seychellois are actually on Facebook, we have lots of Facebook groups for all kinds of things. So it's not that we are not online on Google, it's that we are all on Facebook! ;-)

I've actually searched in Facebook as well but didn't notice anything. Most groups and announcements were about renting or selling a place or similar. When I looked specifically for jobs and especially it related jobs, can't say that I saw a group. I searched in English and it can be that groups are in French as many locals speak French better than English.

If you can mention some that would be great. If not in public then please in a private message.

Anyhow, thanks for the info.

AlexS1978 wrote:
tropicalweb wrote:

I've actually searched in Facebook as well but didn't notice anything. Most groups and announcements were about renting or selling a place or similar. When I looked specifically for jobs and especially it related jobs, can't say that I saw a group. I searched in English and it can be that groups are in French as many locals speak French better than English.

If you can mention some that would be great. If not in public then please in a private message.

Anyhow, thanks for the info.

This site jobo[dot]sc is where many companies now publish their vacancies. I think they also have a Facebook page.

tropicalweb wrote:

This site jobo[dot]sc is where many companies now publish their vacancies. I think they also have a Facebook page.

Thanks. I am already there but not many postings, hence my questions.

hie friend, may you help me find a job in seychelles

@mutoney89

Instead of asking others to find you a job you can be proactive and start searching for work yourself. This shows initiative and a desire to work.

You can search the jobs section at the top of this page and post your CV there.

Do you know the visa and permit requirements to be able to work in Seychelles.

Google search for the Seychelles Govt website for information.

Greetings of the day!!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to introduce myself as Kishore Naik and I am a result oriented HRBP professional with relevant 16 years of experiences into HR Operations and HR Management.

Have experience in various HR activities like HR Management, Recruitment / Talent Acquisition, Salary/Payroll Processing, HRMIS Oracle O/S, Induction & Training Coordination, Compensation & Benefit, Performance Appraisal. Employee Job Description, Policy & Procedure, Client Relations, Vendor Management, HR Operations, Administration, Employee Relations & Grievance Handling.

I have working experience in international locations – Seychelles, Dubai and Angola and have Good verbal and written communication in English and people managing skill.

Kindly find attached my updated Resume for your kind perusal; currently I am looking forward to a career opportunity.

I can join on an immediate basis.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks & Regards,

Kishore Naik

Mumbai / India

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : For security reasons, do not share phone numbers on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Kishore,

You should be posting your CV in the Jobs in the Seychelles section and not on the forum1f609.svg

Potential recruiters will contact you from there.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]

Closed