Tax liabilities for freelance income earned outside Philippines

Hi everyone - season's greetings.

Can anyone give me up-to-date information on tax/social security obligations for freelance income earned outside of the Philippines?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays everyone,
Fergus.

9tgrados wrote:

Hi everyone - season's greetings.

Can anyone give me up-to-date information on tax/social security obligations for freelance income earned outside of the Philippines?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays everyone,
Fergus.

Hi 9tg, welcome to the forum, lots of info here and always remember google can be our best friend for up to date info.

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y8aqo8c9

While I am certainly not an expert can offer my experiences, very simple.
I have worked and lived in PH. and my incomes working for a US based company were not taxed but as an Australian citizen declared my offshore earnings in OZ and paid tax accordingly. While living there (PH) as a tourist for 12 months with my partner (seperate to 2 six month stints of working) even though I had passive incomes and a couple of short contracts in other countries there was never a tax issue.

Are you living in PH? Resident? Tax payer? Non resident?

Cheers, Steve.

Hi Steve, thanks for getting back to me. I'm in Spain at the moment and considering where to settle down. Much as I like Spain, working freelance here involves lots of bureaucracy and paying income tax from the very first euro plus fixed-rate social security contributions. In the UK and Colombia, however, you can earn up to a certain threshold (very approximately €10,000) and then you pay income tax on earnings thereafter. So, when you're not earning much, it simply makes sense to minimise overall costs, and that's the principal reason for asking about PH.
I'd like to add that I have no problem contributing into the system of the society in which I'm living, I just want to know what it costs before I commit to anything!
Kind regards,
Fergus.