Strange Request from Belgium embassy

I have applied for D-Type Visa one week ago , today i received an email from TLS center forwarded from embassy , they asked to provide Family registration !!! , i tried to call the embassy to clear the request by they aren't answer any visa inquiry.

any similar experience.

BR

Did you just apply a visa for you or for your dependents too.

for me only

and i want to highlight beside family registration they ask for work contract  and evidence from previous employee that i was working for ( payslip , contract copy of bank statement).

asking for work contract is normal. Sometimes additional verification of your previous employer too. Not sure what they meant by family registration. Is it a document like civil status document (family composition) ?

yes it look like civil status document (family composition).

if you can get the document from your local authorities, then let us do that :) Let us not piss off the consulate :) hehehe

i did , thanks for your reply.

can you support me how to track my application file progress out of TLS (Visa application center).

Thanks

No idea. In other countries, VFS plays the role of TLS. They usually give a tracking number and also offer (paid) sms updates at each stage of processing. Not sure how it is with TLS.

TLS same like VFS , any how i will keep tracking the website to see about updated , thanks Aneeshks

good luck man !

I know in some countries, VFS also requires family registration in visa application package. So I wouldn't call it a strange request.

do u know why the asked for this request , even i applied for long term visa for me only.

There should be a reason behind that but I have no idea.

family composition document is asked not only to prove your marital status, It is an additional document to verify your address, years of residence, civil status, etc.

In my country ...it only show the family tree...myself my wife anf my childrens...nor the address or other info found..

Some document requirements may not sound logical for you, but the consulate may have a purpose with them. Just obey them.. hehe..

i already give them the needed documents since 19th-Dec , till the moment no news ...
do u have any info about the average processing time , as my last communication with embassy that my file already sent to Home office in Brussels for decision but no news yet.

is it normal to send visa application for work permit to Home office in Brussels  ?... today i contact them in Brussels and they told me it may take till end of Jan or mid of Feb ...  .. although i applied at 6-Dec

It is not normal to send the file to DOFI, of an applicant with permit. The file is sent to ministry when the consulate is unable to make a decision and they need extra verification from department of foreign affairs (dofi).

Finally got my visa yesterday after around 50 days since submit.
thanks for all supporting me during this time specially aneeshks