Sending and receiving packages in Qatar

Hello,

As an expat, there are inevitably certain items you might want or need from back home, and around the holiday period, many people like to send gift packages.

How easy is it to send and receive packages in Qatar?

Is the public postal system efficient?

Do people tend to prefer using private shipping services? Which ones?

How do the costs of the private shipping services compare?

How long does it take generally to receive packages from abroad in Qatar?

Do you have to pay taxes on items received by mail from abroad?

Are packages delivered right to your doorstep, or do you usually have to go collect them somewhere?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

I received the delivery on my doorstep and I paid the shipping charge 9$ when I booked the product

I sent a letter to my family at Kuala Lumpur after one month the letter didi not reach yet, when they checked with KL post office they said it is lost.
Really not sure what happen we have filled a complaint hope we can get it back.

Hello Priscilla,

The public postal system is good but as per my knowledge you need a Post Box number to receive. The better way to send gifts is using the private courier service like Blu Dart/DHL Aramex etc. They deliver to door step and contact using mobile number.

As per my knowledge there is no tax and import duty in Qatar. Hope this helps

Thanks

Hi,
The postal system is very efficient in Qatar. You can use Qpost express parcel service or USPS facility to get the gifts and items to and fro Qatar. The customs charges are also less and charges are very less.
Bringing items from Europe will take 7-14 working days and also depends on the efficiency of Postal service of the region from where the product is sent 
Alternative solutions are DHL, FedEx or TNT.
Good luck