How to migrate to New Zealand?

#1 14 May 2011 16:48:43

cris_santos2k
cris_santos2k
Bulacan

How to migrate to New Zealand?

Hi, I'm Cris from Philippines and currently working in Malaysia as Oracle-Siebel Software Engineer. Migrating in New Zealand interest me most.. can someone help or share me to an informative website where I can read on?

#4 18 May 2011 04:56:00

azilahchan
azilahchan
Kuala Lumpur

Re: How to migrate to New Zealand?

I am also from Malaysia,Cris...

I am looking into going with my family,and of course to pursue my career as a nurse.I haven't yet started ob the process.I am now looking into how to get registered with their nursing board.Good to know and share.
:D

#5 18 May 2011 05:04:05

AheadNZE
AheadNZE
Auckland

You need to know all the requirements from Nursing Council NZ.  First you need to get approval from them and study a Competency Programme Assessment for 3 months, then have a registration to practice in New Zealand. 

Visit nursingcouncil.org.nz for further information.

#10 30 May 2011 08:39:04

azilahchan
azilahchan
Kuala Lumpur

The thing is-these agencies don't help you at all in terms of registration with their nursing board or even on giving you helpful guides on how the process works,pontxo80.

#13 22 June 2011 08:12:03

Jay Farish
Jay Farish
new plymouth

Hi,

My name is Jay, from Malaysia. I am a Muslim and work as a multimedia consultant in KL. My family and I wish to migrate to NZ and looking for new opportunity to work, do some small businesses and settle down there. My wife is still working as a Senior Dietition in at the local National Health Institute and would like to get some infos about the procedure to work as Dietitian in NZ. Also some infos about Muslim school in Auckland area. Thank you.

#16 05 July 2011 08:43:28

AheadNZE
AheadNZE
Auckland

To Kamalamaniyam,
You may need to have a registration to be able to practice this in New Zealand.  The qualification may not be comparable with NZ standard.  You may need to have a further study to complete the process.

#17 05 February 2012 14:36:51

azilahchan
azilahchan
Kuala Lumpur

hello AheadNZE,

Is it for sure that I will have to go for the CAP? The NCNZ aren't clear on this matter when I emailed them. May not have to go for it.

#18 13 February 2012 22:03:18

AheadNZE
AheadNZE
Auckland

hi Azilahchan

If you want to practice your nursing here, it is absolutely important to register yourself with Nursing Council.  Once you have registered, you need to complete the compentency (CAP) in NZ to complete the registration. 

You may email me too at cris[at]aheadnzeducation.co.nz for immediate reply.  Sorry was not able to check the forum lately.

2 members online in New Zealand

Expatriate health insurance New Zealand
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in New Zealand.
>> Click here
Expat banking New Zealand
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to New Zealand
A few tips from professionals about moving to New Zealand.
>> Click here
Travel insurance New Zealand
Don't worry and travel happy across New Zealand.
>> Click here