Where to go this winter break?

Hi,

I'm a Malaysian student who's currently living in UK. Winter break is coming and I still can't decide where to go for a holiday. I've been thinking of going to Spain or Germany. But I still need opinions and more suggestions; on whether the country is safe for a female solo traveller, which part of the country that is worth to go and suggestions on where to go (can be anywhere in the world!) Also, it would be awesome if I can find a travel buddy to go with too! :)

Thank you! :)

Go to Austria, the country is super safe. The Christmas markets arte great and there is so much to see and do, you won't get bored.

Bulgaria, very cheap and safe, but they have a real winter.

South of Spain is warm, but if you want warm for sure, and safe, try the Canary Islands, the southern most part of any European country.

In most of Europe you will be ok as a single traveller if you avoid areas which have been "diversified".

How about travelling around the UK? Plenty of places to see and things to do. You just want to get a way from the UK, don't you? Take a break from it. Well I don't blame you.

Hi nuenisAli,

Your topic has been moved to the Expatriate forum since you are looking for travel advice for your winter break.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com

nuenisAli wrote:

Hi,

I'm a Malaysian student who's currently living in UK. Winter break is coming and I still can't decide where to go for a holiday. I've been thinking of going to Spain or Germany. But I still need opinions and more suggestions; on whether the country is safe for a female solo traveller, which part of the country that is worth to go and suggestions on where to go (can be anywhere in the world!) Also, it would be awesome if I can find a travel buddy to go with too! :)

Thank you! :)

Do you looking for the country with Snow or go somewhere on your vacation? seem you are from Malasia and  living in the UK, I think for you there must be a much interesting place to visit in the UK

The choice of country totally depends on what you like to see and do. Germany is cold in winter - so many people would go for winter sports like sking. But honestly, there are better sking options in Switzerland, France or Italy. Spain is also cold in winter - although usually warmer than Germany. Don't think that you can go to the southern coast of Spain and go swimming. If you want weather that warm then you should fly to the Canary Islands which are Spanish Islands but much farther south off of the western coast of Morocco. Travel agents and sites should offer good package deals to the Canaries but the best offers are probably already booked out for Christmas and New Years - afterwards not a problem.

I am thinking to go to Norway. Its perfect place to feel new experience in norway.

As someone has pointed out correctly, it depends on what you like. I personally would always go to a warm place for holiday in my winter. Cape Town, Australia, Cuba for example. Went to Cape Town as a solo (petite) female traveler (and ran my first 44km alone!) with no problem :)

Go to the USA

In the middle of summer this southern part of Earth.

Find activities and meet other expats

OR