Feature Request ( Julien.. this one is for you )

Before I jump onto the topic, Julien, I must praise and thank you for the tremendous job and the effort you and your team put in this blog ..

That said .. there are certain features which the active users might be interested in .. I understand every blog is unique in its way .. and after all this is your baby and you decide what should and should not be there, but being the social forum this is . it is only fair if the voice of the users be heard :)

I suggest we put up a sticky or something .. where users can comment on and vote for the features they would like to see on their blog.. and then the Team can look into them ..

To Start off.. these are the features I would like to see..

1) Poster of the Topic should be able to delete the Topic post, or irrelevant replies himself..
2) a social network share tab .. ( share this post on FB/delicious/stumbleupon etc ).. This would give the blog greater visbility and user base as well .
3) a slang filter should be applied on the post.. so any user using abusive language is unable to post

Best
Kamiii

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=11

Topic moved to Help us improve the website forum

thanks Kamiii for your support.

You should post your feature request on this specific forum: help us to improve the website (I guess we'll move this discussion on this forum)

Regarding the features you are proposing:

1) it was the case before, but a few members (not on the KSA forum) decided to delete long discussions (with all associated posts) and it became complicated for us to understand where the discussion was. If you want us to delete one discussion, let us know.
A for the irrelevant replies, well, I don't know.

2) we are currently designing a share bar that will appear at the bottom of the discussions. We've still got to improve it but it should be available soon ;)

3) I don't know if there is a way to do that. At the moment, please use the "report" link to report any problem.

Thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate !

most welcome :)

for the point 3 .. there are ready scripts available for php .. which can be integrated to the forums ( the post topic/reply php file ).. basically it scans the post before submitting it against a dictionary list of banned words.. doesn't slow down the system .. I have seen it used in systems with an avg 10 K + posts a day .. being added later .. with no other hardware changes and no impact on site performance

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR