Why is it so difficult to get a "live in" Maid?

Hello
We're now since 2 years in Jakarta and we were lucky to have a really good live in Maid. She was great with our son, spoke English well and was willing to learn cooking.
Now she is getting married and left us. Since 2 Month we're looking now to get a replacement but most of the maids would like to live out. The live in maids are really rare and we need one with  basic English skills and who can cook.
If somebody knows where  to look apart from here, would be great to get some hints.
Thanks in advance

Lots of agencies on Google, or just ask your satpam.

Hello. Can i apply?
My name annisa rizka hapsari.
Im 25 years old. I live in lampung.
I never doing a profesional job. Because im still school in college now.
My english maybe very bad. But im willing to learn.
I ready to work as soon as possible.
I willing to live in. And if you need a profesional resume or cv. I will send you by email.
Please contact me. If you're interested to hire me

Hello Hapsari
Can you please send your CV to my mailbox?

Becareful with agencies as they are more than likely to scam you and keep asking for more money. Good housekeepers are really hard to find and even harder to keep.
Follow Freds advice and ask local security and neighbours as they might know someone.

I have send you message.

Thanks for that advice. I made as well the experience that it is hard to keep good staff here. It was by far easier when I lived in China. It seems that the people here are leaving quite frequently. My friends are telling me the same.

If you do find a live in housekeeper do pay attention to their well being especially if they are young and from a remote place. Loneliness and boredom will result in less care of your family and house and then they leave.

If you need any male maid, i am willing to apply, i am experienced as QC, i graduated from bachelor's degree in english literature, but now still jobless. I literally love to interact with multi-nations wherever they came from

Dedesantana wrote:

If you need any male maid, i am willing to apply, i am experienced as QC, i graduated from bachelor's degree in english literature, but now still jobless. I literally love to interact with multi-nations wherever they came from

Dude, about 3 million schools are looking for English teachers that can actually speak English.

It was way traumatic being a teacher, but if you have an another offer, i would love to hear it from you...

Hi,I am not young and I'm looking for a job to start next year anytime,prepare live in,great cook,greet child care,great salary😁

I think it is impossible to find a maid that speaks English well as most of them come from the village to earn some money and when they go back half of them don't come back. With the English knowledge comes a better job at a mall. The housing of 'live in' are for my standards more a prison cell with a toilet. No wonder that most maids live outdoors.

If you look for an educated au pair it will cost a lot more and they really want a good room to sleep in. Those can be hired through special agencies.

Hi,i am not using any agency and i am very qualifigh experience maid and been working in singapore for many years with expat family.i am great speaking english,great nanny for young childrens,great cook for asian and western foods.to began with,i work with australian family with two young childrens in jakarta kemang and i live in.and than the family take me along move to singapore.is bean so great but 4 yrs letter the familly have to go back to australia for good and the family cant take me this time.so sad that i have to go back home to my country indonesia.ever since for the last two month i bean searching for the same job but no one want to take me in.some they say my salaries to high and some they only looking for live out but i need live in.since i dont get any response and no one is interested to hire me,so i desided to post my job add in great aupair to work oversease again but all scam most of the response.until now i still continue searching for the same job but nothing so i end up going in out in out singapore jakarta and jakarta singapore working under the visit visa until i get the permanent employer who willing to take me in.if i have experience in everything than why the employer are dont want to pay more?i dont understand this

Hi..i have experience working for expatriate in Jakarta. For almost 15 years i worked live in maid. no problem with all families ..i love them,..and all family love me too..They teach me about anything...Please if somebody need maid in Jakarta pusat, now i need parttime job in there,,,
Thank you
lidya

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct