Who to hire for help with dual citizenship for my children

I haven't been able to find easy to understand information on how to extend my French/American citizenship to my children.  It has to be done before they are age 18 (time is running out for one of them) and I need to go through the process of declaring them. They currently hold American citizenship and we live in the US.
I am prepared to hire someone because honestly the hoops are too many and I am not able to gather all of the information on my own.  Who handles this?  A lawyer? If so, what type? Is there some sort of consultant who specializes in this type of thing? 
Thank you for any help.  I couldn't find a forum online where these questions would be typically asked so I am hoping someone here can advise me.

Do not hire anyone.No need to pay for that.Get in touch with the nearest Les Amoureux aux ban public.They will help you free of charge.They help bi-national couples and families

Were your children born in the USA? Were you French when they were born? If so, you need to register their births through the French consulate that covers the region of their birth. That should be all that is required, unless or until they need their certificate of French nationality. They would need this cnf if they want to pass on their French citizenship to anyone else. My husband is 60, born in the states to a French parent, has his French ID card and passport, and we live in France - I have a Carte de séjour via marriage to him. We will apply for his cnf soon, so I can then become a French citizen via marriage.
But you can see that it doesn't take much to ensure your children's rights - contact the consulate and send them their birth certificates (and possibly your livret de famille - the consulate will tell you).
Worry about the cnf later. They *might* need it to go to a French university, for example. We talked to our consulate at the time about what was needed for what.

See your section here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_nationality_law

Good luck,
Julie

Thank you both.  Both kids were born in the US as was I.  I have citizenship through my mother, who declared me at birth.  My citizenship is up to date and I have a french passport, etc. but have never declared my marriage or my children.  One of my children turns 18 in 5 months so we may not have enough time since 18 is the cutoff.

Honestly, I find the process a little overwhelming and my French is a little shaky so it is particularly challenging.  This is why I want to hire someone.  I will look at what you have both provided.  Thank you again.