Steps (for dummies) for starting a business in Thailand

Please help! Any feedback is appreciated!
Make it simple and straightforward please!
A list would be appreciated.

Thanks, Abe

before anything...are you aware of the law regarding Farang owning a business here ???

No sir I have sketchy information about it. But I understand you need to have Thai partners who own 51% of the company or business. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you so much.

yes that s it ….. and you cannot own land.  Also I would highly suggest to get a thai lawyer before investing a penny here.    What type of business are you interested in opening ?

Getting a Thai lawyer to do all the prep work to start my business is a very good start.
Can you provide any tips to help me get a Thai lawyer that can be trusted?
I would like to open a fast food restaurant, American style in Bangkok.
I visited Thailand several times and I noticed lots of demand for Western food in few areas of Bangkok such as Siam square. What do you think ? I value your opinion. Thank you.

OUF....Not sure it s a good idea.....so any Farangs come here and open a restaurant or a bar....A few but only a few do survive.  Farangs who come here for tourism want to try and eat asian cuisine not western food that they can get at home .  Think carefully before investing your savings.

an idea for you......since you ve been here before....   you have surely seen them…...the rolling restaurant carts...…..

in all my years here, i never seen a real American hot dog stand.

and I would put a big english sign saying  AMERICAN HOT DOG

and if,  after a couple of years,  you do open many of these little stand all over Thailand,  you can send me a check saying thank you  LOL

Your point makes a lot of sense, but I do have a unique ideas to present my food to my Thai and western customers. And the prices will be very competitive but I agree ..it is risky but I also have seen people who are doing the food thing with great success.
Any tips on selecting the right lawyer?

Thanks.