Not All Filipinas Are Nannies / Caregivers

So I created a profile here in Expat.com hoping to connect to other expats and perhaps "kababayans" (people from my own country). But then I started receiving job offers to take care of their babies - nanny jobs. It irked me because these people just AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME that since I am a Filipina, I have no other experience or aspirations beyond being a nanny. I have an MBA and run my own business. Truth be told, I am UNDERQUALIFIED to take care of babies. I don't know how to change diapers or carry an infant. I might actually end up killing your baby, hahaha!

So please, to all members of the expat community, NOT ALL FILIPINAS ARE CAREGIVERS OR NANNIES so don't go handing out nanny job offers to us without first looking at our profile.

Thank you and have a great day.

Hi Rosario,

I don't think you need to get upset for that!
As we all know, the best caregiver (nurse, baby sitter) in the entire Catholic Europe, especially in Rome and Madrid, are all Philippinas!
If I were you, I would be rather proud of it.
And if you want to avoid future misunderstanding, may be you have to define clearly what you want in Casa......
Good luck and enjoy the tajine!

I would simply like to cure the myopic view of most people towards Filipinos. Yes, we have great nurses, caregivers and nannies. But we have doctors, engineers and scientists, too.

But I guess being pigeonholed as a Nanny Nation is way better than being judged as terrorists.

Anyway, I am enjoying Moroccan cuisine- tagine, couscous, tangia, rfissa, khringo, btbot, msmen... you name it, I've eaten it!

Let's remember that caregiver and nurse are very noble profession. Much nobler than engineers, because they directly making this world a better place to live for the people who need it most!
Of course the Philiphines have many doctors and lawyer and engineers. But most of them stay in the Phillipines, are they not?
I would really wear that misconception as a badge of honour!

But then I started receiving job offers to take care of their babies - nanny jobs

Apart from your valid complaint, such spam is unacceptable so I would encourage you to report  these PMs as soon as you get them.
The anti spam system gets a lot but it isn't perfect so some get through.

Regards,
Fred

I agree with you (kababayan)! Sure it is a descent job but it is a racist approach assuming that everyone from the Philippines are nannies or maids.

Can we have an option to block racists and perverts? :)

Why don't you block anyone with an opinion or is male??

SarinaF wrote:

I agree with you (kababayan)! Sure it is a descent job but it is a racist approach assuming that everyone from the Philippines are nannies or maids.

Can we have an option to block racists and perverts? :)

Please use the report button

Nascabo wrote:

Why don't you block anyone with an opinion or is male??

Opinions are fine, but not the opinion all women are fair game for sex, even when they aren't even slightly interested in the man in question.
We see far too much of that rubbish here and ban them as soon as they're seen, but some slip through.
As for spamming the PM system with sex offers, the anti spam system is pretty good but please report any such messages as soon as they appear in your inbox.

Reporting the message sends an alert to the moderation team and opens that message up so they can read it, but all other messages you have sent or received remain private.
Sex spamming is stamped on very quickly.

This isn't feminism, just protecting members from the nasty pond life all forums suffer from.

But I guess being pigeonholed as a Nanny Nation is way better than being judged as terrorists.

I think you are experiencing generalisation because you are practising it!  what goes around comes around.

Lols bit like having a LADIES only site??
That sexist? Or prejudiced in anyway? Hypocrisy!
On an open forum where vast majority of people on here are not what you would class as EXPAT!
If Morroco is that bad why you here??

Nascabo wrote:

Lols bit like having a LADIES only site??
That sexist? Or prejudiced in anyway? Hypocrisy!
On an open forum where vast majority of people on here are not what you would class as EXPAT!
If Morroco is that bad why you here??

No threads or sections of this site are single sex except when the OP specifies ladies only (Men can do the same if they wants a guys only meetup).
We rarely see such threads from men but a good few ladies only want contact with other ladies in order to avoid men pestering them for a date - seems perfectly reasonable to me and the forum supports their wish not to be hassled.

Not sexist, just not allowing sex pests of any sort. If a lady member started sending PMs to the gentleman asking for sex, she'd also get banned if the teams received complaints about her behaviour.

Well filipinas make the best caregiver and they get paid well compared to other national ities
Example
In Istanbul Turkey a Filipino caregiver rate is 2000-2500$ compared to Indonesian rate 800-1200$

Why would people pay more if they are not good ?

gvdelrosario wrote:

So please, to all members of the expat community, NOT ALL FILIPINAS ARE CAREGIVERS OR NANNIES so don't go handing out nanny job offers to us without first looking at our profile.

Look at it another way - don't you think it's a compliment, that although you're a complete stranger, families entrust you with the care of their most vulnerable member of the household? I think that says something about you. You're highly trusted! They certainly won't trust me. They won't even let me in their house.