Hi, i am just new here

I have a job offer in casablanca, morocco. Is it safe to work there? Thank you!

Hi anneoli - Welcome on Expat.com :)

Thank you:)

hiya :) yes of course it is very safe you don't have anything to worry about :)

and if you need help or a insight about life around here i'll be more than happy to assist you

Tell me about where in Casablanca and I would be glad to help .. Also, what is the job and what the is the salary if you want to share ... I just want to make sure that you are not being scammed ...

I will have a job opening but not till end 2015 .
Regards,
Mostafa

mostafac wrote:

Tell me about where in Casablanca and I would be glad to help .. Also, what is the job and what the is the salary if you want to share ... I just want to make sure that you are not being scammed ...

I will have a job opening but not till end 2015 .
Regards,
Mostafa

Just hold on a minute please.

Let me tell you that you are replying to an old post dated from February. She has either come and settled or didn't take up the offer.

Moreover, you mention in another thread that you can no longer speak Darija very well and you want to meet Anglophones. You also state that you have very recently returned from 25 years in the States. How on earth would you even know the current SMIC in Morocco, let alone rates of pay for particular jobs?

On yet another thread you are offering legal advice to Filipinos.

I find this sort of behaviour deeply troubling.

I am already here in philippines again.. I worked in casablanca in 2 mars.. I got scammed :( may i know what job are you having an oppening for? Thank you!

anneoli wrote:

I am already here in philippines again.. I worked in casablanca in 2 mars.. I got scammed :( may i know what job are you having an oppening for? Thank you!

I'm really sorry to hear that you were scammed and that you clearly had a bad experience.

PLEASE don't do it again. Ignore offers of work from people you don't know on forums such as the one you are enquiring about. Only use reputable agencies. Definitely ignore any unsolicited personal messages or contact requests that come to your Expat.com inbox.

Don't get scammed again. These forums are infested with scammers, unfortunately, which makes it very difficult for the honest people to help. It simply isn't worth taking the chance.

I'm really serious. Ignore offers of work or "openings" that come on these forums.

Actually, the worst part of my first emploment abroad was. I was recruit by an agency here in philippines.. And the moment we arrived morocco. They disappear like a bubble. And I had to suffer for two months before I get to leave and come back to philippines. Now, we filed a complain against the aency and to my employer.. Let's just pray that we will get the justice and this won't happen to anyone again.. Thank you for the advice anyway.. :)

I will not sound negative on my reply like you did on yours .
Here are the facts in answering to your reply :
1- I have never mentioned or stated that I do not speak Darija , what I have stated is that I hardly can communicate with my own mother tongue .. speaking a language or a dialect does not mean that the communication flow is there .. I hope this point is now clear .

2- You had stated  that I do not know " SMIC" in Morocco . First, we call it SMIG (Salaire Minimum Interprofessionnel Garanti) and since July of 2012 it rose to : 12,24 DH an hour . You are wrong again .

3- As for the legal advise . My father is a retired supreme court judge who offers free legal advise all day long in cafes .. so why not help an immigrant since no one is paying attention to the immigrants who are abused in this country inside closed doors .. I could go on and on this subject .. Keep in mind, that I was one in the US .

4- There is no such a thing as the Casablanca bar .. however there is " ordre des avocats Casablanca " and it is not a bar association .. In Morocco lawyers could practice through out the land

5- As for the job offer --  I am an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who practiced in the state of New York for many years and God willing , I will be the first in Morocco . I am now building the first Dental Clinic of its kind in the country in Mohammedia and by end of 2015. I then will need to fill many 18 to 20 positions from clerks to nurses .

At last, I like to mention that I had 2 nurses who were Filipinas when I had my practice in New York .. so I happen to know the culture , the people, and much more ... Hope this gives you a piece of mind now .
Wish you the best and continue to monitor the forms .. it is all good .

Dr M

anneoli wrote:

Actually, the worst part of my first emploment abroad was. I was recruit by an agency here in philippines.. And the moment we arrived morocco. They disappear like a bubble. And I had to suffer for two months before I get to leave and come back to philippines. Now, we filed a complain against the aency and to my employer.. Let's just pray that we will get the justice and this won't happen to anyone again.. Thank you for the advice anyway.. :)

I'm sorry that happened and through an agency too. As I said "reputable" agency. This means an agency which has testimonials that you can check as well as real people you can contact to ask them about their experience.

Please heed my advice about unsolicited job offers though.

mostafac wrote:

Yes, very impressive. I could have got all that from a quick internet search too, something I wasn't going to do at 4am.

If you are telling the truth about your clinic, I wish you well.

Please consider the implications of being all things to all people when offering advice on this forum who cannot possibly know your credentials. As I said, the forum is absolutely heaving with frauds and scammers. No one can ever be sure who is what.

anneoli wrote:

I got scammed in Morocco, but not related to a job-position. I'm surprised you're more than willing to go back immediately for round 2, seeing as the first time wasn't enough!

I got deceived by people I personally know. So I would say, you will certainly get deceived by anyone you don't know, and this includes this forum of course. Unfortunately it's well known for having members who simply sign-up & send private messages to expats/potential-expats, with offers to resolve a problem they may face, or "help" them get something they are after, be it a job, or accommodation or whatever, by simply contacting them. You should ask yourself why a total stranger that you've never set eyes on, seems so willing to "help". So I would certainly take Laduqesa's advice. As a matter of fact, many members have complained about the number of scammers on this forum. So when it comes to Morocco, I would treat anything & everything as suspicious, until proven innocent. I wish I had done that. People did advise me to be careful, but because I didn't want to generalize and lump them all together as the same, sadly that was a mistake & I learnt the hard way.

I'm aware you were recruited by an Agency in your country. My post is for you to be careful on this forum, as you're interested in getting a job in Morocco, and as such, the many chancers we have here , may take this opportunity to scam you. Also it's for you to be careful, in the event that you return to Morocco for whatever reasons. Trust no one.

(Moderated: Expat.com is not a dating website )

Oh, go away. This isn't a dating site.