Offshore worker

I have a question for my fellow expats out there. I work offshore in the oil business so I am on a schedule of 28 days offshore and 28 days off. I have lived in Vietnam and Thailand for many years and visas have never been an issue or were easily obtainable. I am considering moving to the Philippines next year but I am wondering how the visa situation works. I will not want to overstay the 21 days visa free each time I am home. Is it possible to get 1 year multiple entry visas even though I won't work in the Philippines to avoid the hassles?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Cory

Hi Cory!

Multiple visa entry to the Philippines for Canadian and American is not a problem. While you are in Thailand, you can visit the Philippine embassy in Bangkok to get the detailed information.

As far s I know, Philippines is so open for western expats regardless of your travel purpose.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Luckily I am Canadian so I hope it won't be an issue. I suppose I'll  have to brave the embassy here in Bangkok to see what my options are.

Any other offshore workers out there that have been through this? I know there are plenty of us living in the Philippines.

Thanks again!

Cory

Hello Cory,

There is no discrimination actually! Its just because Americans and Philippines are best allies. There is no issue also with Canadians so Philippines treat Americans and Canadians equal and Canadians are also called as Americans in the Philippines.

There are Visa restrictions to other countries without any treaty with the Philippines but generally, the Philippines is very open country to almost all nationals who wanna go there except for the noted terrorist or people who are sanctioned for "ban" in traveling to the Philippines for some violations.