Jobs in belize

is it hard to find a job in belize or not?  are jobs plentiful in belize or hard to come by?  does anyone know?  can someone please tell me.  thank you.

Following

Check out this thread on the forum - https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=755170
There are exceptions in some situations, like if you have the resources to start your own business, but otherwise, jobs in Belize are for  Belizeans.

so let me ask you this then, would belize, guyana, suriname and french guiana be more or less the same deal how youre describing????????????  poor economies that only entice foreigners who bring lots of capital $$$$$$$$$  with them????  rsvp.

:blink:

I don't really know about the other countries you refer to, but for Belize, yes. They do want individuals with the financial means to relocate in order to try and stimulate the economy, either by investing, by starting a business that employs Belizeans, or just spending money to support the local economy. In return, you can receive special 'privileges' like duty-free importation of goods. It's a poor country with little infrastructure, little to export, and few resources - though there are untapped resources that have been overlooked. You can always emigrate to Belize and gain permanent resident status and then be able work, but you would have to be able to support yourself for the interim couple of years until you get residency.

are there companies in belize that employ self employed truck drivers?  rsvp.

donaldbathe wrote:

are there companies in belize that employ self employed truck drivers?  rsvp.

Please define "self employed truck driver".

How do you employ the self employed??
If you want to Import your truck from 40% Up to 60% of its Percieved monetary value as Importation duty  needs to be paid, Then  you must reside and keep yourself at you own expense  for the time it takes to   get a self employed Work permit,  (Up to 6months) Then you can advertise you are open for business.
Then one will find out if a Belize farmer will want you to load and transport his produce for him at what to HIM is a reasonable cost.
On this forum some times Folks ask if trucks are for hire for the one off time they import their belongings, and need them delivering to their new homes. I am not sure what or who else would be requiring truck rentals
Businesses that deliver and transport goods on a regular basis in Belize  are already there.
Basically Jobs in Belize are aimed at the Belize citizens.

an independent contractor who is hired by others to deliver or move things?  just a middleman.  rsvp.

donaldbathe wrote:

an independent contractor who is hired by others to deliver or move things?  just a middleman.  rsvp.

I think the topic of starting your own business, hiring Belizions to do the work, while the expat manages the company has been well covered several times in this forum.

Could one make money transporting goods in Belize as a third party company?
With the high fuel costs, VAT, wages, and other expenses, I seriously doubt one could be competitive.