Someone altering posts

So it seems we still have trolls and or hackers. I responded to a post with information and today I noticed this added to my post "/!\ I AM A STUPID SPAMMER /!\ ". They just slid this into a sentence in the middle of my post. So keep your eyes open, and I guess reread your posts to see if you said something you actually didn't. :mad:

This is an automatic keyword thing generated by the forum's software. It was a response to the big spam problem of some time ago but is imperfect so sometimes turns up when it shouldn't.
Just edit the post to change the word you used and it will go away.

Fred wrote:

This is an automatic keyword thing generated by the forum's software. It was a response to the big spam problem of some time ago but is imperfect so sometimes turns up when it shouldn't.
Just edit the post to change the word you used and it will go away.

Yes well, first you have to see what was written, meanwhile, others are reading the altered post.

Now that I know I can be prepared. Before it was like my cell phone decides to add its opinion or change its own settings. 'Ghost in the machine' was, in fact, a flawed concept. So I'm going to look at as a functional anomaly, yet quite real. :/

I got caught out a few times when I used words that were on the filter list, all words that were innocuous but triggered the 'stupid spammer' message.
Hit the 'edit' button, change the word, then have a good shout at the tech team on 'our' forum.