Buying a property in Bahrain

I am considering buying a property in Bahrain and getting the residency with that. the process seems straight forward but it seems that you buy the property first and then apply for the residency, so what happens if you buy and then don't get the residency? Also, will a good lawyer handle all elements of both - buying and residency? or will i need different people for each part?

You buy the property first.  If you don't get the visa then you sell the property and move on :)

You don't need a lawyer - this is not the west where professional lawyers handle all transactions on your behalf.  This expertise is more concentrated towards the corporate sector.

You need a real estate agent and a PRO.  The good real estate agents will refer you to their PROs who will handle the residency process.  You can get a lawyer who will outsource this to his real estate agent and PRO and charge you through the teeth for doing nothing.

Personally, as I said on your other thread, this is a costly option and is not very flexible e.g. you can't sponsor people for visit visas like you can with a company.