Job offer in Copenhagen - is it a good deal?

Hello there,

I am offered a job in a multinational company in Copenhagen at the position of event and project manager (a combination of event management and marketing work). They offered me 52000 DKK before tax per month. I was also offered that they pay 10% of my gross salary for my pension plan + I need to myself deduct 5% out of my gross salary for the pension plan. Part of the offer is also 5%-10% bonus at the end of the year, payment of my 3 months apartment deposit and covered travel costs for my two times a year trip to home country. If I accept the offer, I would be moving with my boyfriend who does not have a job offer in Denmark at the moment. Would you consider this a good deal?

Thanks a mil!

Best,
Annalena

The short answer: Yes, it's a good deal.

Dear Nellie, thank you for your quick reply.

One more question: if I start working for the employer on Dec 1st 2018, does this mean that I am not entailed to 5 weeks of paid vacation until Dec 1st 2019? Quite harsh. :-(

I guess I can at least use public holidays as my days off?

This article will explain things to you Annalena37.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20150407/workin … d-holidays

So no need to worry. :)

From 2020 the rules will be changed from the present shifted system (where you must wait up to 16 months before you can enjoy a paid holiday) to a simultaneous system as in many other countries (as the EU didn't find the Danish system met the European requirements).

However, this will not help you if the company follows the present rules, but an international company may have other internal rules. If not, make it would be very relevant to make it part of the negotiations.

Days off - do you mean the extra holiday days you can spend as single days? They follow a shifted system. The public holidays will be no problem.

/Nellie

Thanks! :-)

Nellie Berg wrote:

From 2020 the rules will be changed from the present shifted system (where you must wait up to 16 months before you can enjoy a paid holiday) to a simultaneous system as in many other countries (as the EU didn't find the Danish system met the European requirements).

However, this will not help you if the company follows the present rules, but an international company may have other internal rules. If not, make it would be very relevant to make it part of the negotiations.

Days off - do you mean the extra holiday days you can spend as single days? They follow a shifted system. The public holidays will be no problem.

/Nellie

Yes, I was thinking of public holidays. :-) Thank you for all the info!