Moving to kL

Hi someone can give me answer for the following question ?
I'm owner of one bungalow and one appartment in kL since 10 years over want to move in Malaysia from August then I already applied for MM2H but my Mm2h visa won't be issue before 3 or 4 months .but my moving furniture plan to arrive in Klang port by August ! Do you know if it s will be no problem to clearance them as I don't have yet my visa ?
Then with my MM2H I want to open one business in kL as investissor do you know if no problem ? I plan to buy shell company first then run business ! Do you know if some others requirement needs ?
Thank for advise
Jean Louis

As long as you intend to be just an investor and not work and claim a salary from the business it should be no problem. Check on what paid-up capital is required to actually activate and run a shell company. Some sectors also require a trade licence and minimum RM1 million PUC.

But do be prepared that on MM2H you will not be able to open a business bank account. That requires an employment pass. So potentially MM2H is not really the best immigration solution.

Speaking with the Company Secretary you intend to use to run the company (it has to be a local company or individual) is probably a good idea before getting too involved.

PS - it's best to use a legal firm rather than a "fix-it" agent to incorporate. That way no big surprises or wasted money or incorrect set-up for the business envisaged.

Thank you what your best advise to open business ?

It depends how much capital you have and knowledge/experience. Also whether you will need to actually have a joint venture with Malaysians if the sector is not permitted for 100% business ownership by foreigners. The paid up capital required for a JV is RM350,000

Would like to open chain restaurant ! First open one then rolling out several in Malaysia .
I have several  foreigners friends who run companies with shell company with no issue !
Rgds

A shell company is just the term for an already set up business name - it requires capital to activate it. There are some rules about minimum size of outlet (see link above) and RM1m paid up capital for restaurants that are 100% foreign-owned. F&B is probably the most competitive type of business.

This explains the requirements for a 100% foreign owned restaurant http://malaysiabizadvisory.com/how-to-s … -malaysia/

Thank you gravitas very interesting .
What about my moving furniture to Malaysia do you have some imput for this topic ? Then I need to register my son at international school can I do before my MM2h visa issued ?
Best regards
Jean Louis

I don't know about importing personal effects as I already had my immigration in place when I did it.

The thing is, the Student Visa application for your son would need to be linked to an "adult" visa. This could be Employment Pass, MM2H or Guardian Visa.