Can Indian doctors work in Malaysia?

Hi All,
My wife is a MBBS doctor and currently working in India as Medical Officer.Since I am in IT and have got a job in Malaysia.We are planning to move to Malaysia.

Now the concern is my wife being a doctor registered in Indian Medical Coumcil,can she work there.Is there any additional exam she needs to take or any registration to be done in MMC.Can anyone help with the process?

The first step would be to check the qualification is recognised in Malaysia. Then it would entail finding a position which would result in a a guarantor for registering with the MMC who would sponsor a work permit. (Trailing spouses who wish to work do need to get an Employment Pass and are not able to work of a Dependent Pass.) Having specialty experience is usually the only route. Academia is a popular area for foreign medics. Physicians usually operate within the private sector. Your wife may wish to gather together the paperwork required before leaving for Malaysia (http://www.mmc.gov.my/index.php/registration)

Thanks Gravitas!

Hi,
Can you please update what did your wife do to practice in Malaysia?

Hello Madheswaran Prem Babu,

Welcome to Expat.com  :top:

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to post a new topic on Kuala Lumpur forum to gather more information as this topic is quite old.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com Team.