Moving to Chile

Hi!
Pieter here from South-Africa..
Like to live in a country that isn't full of crime..
Just starting here, any one knows the process to get started to emigrate to Chile and the fees involved.
Like to live in the rural areas.
Thanks

Hi Pieter,
You will first have to find out what type of visa would suit your needs. In Chile you got 3 main types of residence visas: a) Student Visa; b) Subject to contract visa; and, c) Temporary Residency Visas (16 subcategories).

After you get residence visa, the time required to apply for Permanent Residency in Chile will depend on the type:
a) Student Visa: 2 years of residence in Chile, and having finished the studies.
b) Subject to contract visa: 2 years of residence.
c) Temporary Residency Visa: 1 year of residence.

Finally, in order to get citizenship, you will have to comply with 5 years of residence in Chile since the date in which the first visa was granted, and be the holder of Permanent Residency.

Best Regards,

Hi there!

The truth is that emigrating to Chile is quite easy. In fact, I think it is one of the few countries that allow you to arrive as a tourist and then change to resident, as long as you have a work contract... 

What is your idea in Chile? Buy land and work it? If you are looking for work, my family has a farm with a hazelnut plantation and we are looking for someone to take charge of it. The field is located one hour from the city of Chillán, towards the Andes mountains. It is very quiet and nice place, although somewhat away from the big cities. 

Anyway, good luck in your projects.

Regards,

cjara wrote:

Hi there!

The truth is that emigrating to Chile is quite easy. In fact, I think it is one of the few countries that allow you to arrive as a tourist and then change to resident, as long as you have a work contract... 

What is your idea in Chile? Buy land and work it? If you are looking for work, my family has a farm with a hazelnut plantation and we are looking for someone to take charge of it. The field is located one hour from the city of Chillán, towards the Andes mountains. It is very quiet and nice place, although somewhat away from the big cities. 

Anyway, good luck in your projects.

Regards,

Hi Cjara!

I just started to look into the possibility. Nice if I can change visa easily there..
It sound nice and also nice area.
Is land expensive to buy there?

Thanks
Pieter

Hi!
Do you know of any Layers who can help with moving to Chile.
Or you think one can come and do it there..
Thanks
Pieter