Frutillar?

Is anyone here from Frutillar or one of the surrounding communities?  Can you tell me about that area?  Is Germany widely spoken in the south?

Hi!
I'm not exactly from Frutillar, but lately I have started travelling a lot to that area. Frutillar has become one of my favourite towns in Chile. The architecture is beautiful, the views over the lake, the cultural activities at the Teatro del Lago, the restaurants and cafés, the surrounding area with all its natural beauty...
I had often heard about the German influence in southern Chile - and it is true, that influence is very strong: many German decendants live in that area and there are plenty of good German schools - which means that many people in the area speak the language, if not perfectly, but relatively well. That is the impression I have had so far at least...
Are you planning to move to that area? I hope to do so one day... Hopefully within the next 2 - 3 years...

Well... i donŽt know but there are a lot of deutches schulen in the south of Chile, so i recommend go to dsfrutillar.cl/‎ that is the D.S. of Frutillar and ask for information

Good luck!

Hello...I am not entirely sure.  It certainly sounds like a nice place.  A long way from Santiago, which means a long way from international travel options.  I have tried to get some more information on how the regions of Chile differ without much success.

Well it depends of what are you searching.

Santiago is a city to work, you will have a lot of oportunities and good services (but to crowded and bad weather)
Viña del Mar, La Serena, Valparaíso are big cities to live more confortable, in the coast.
Frutillar is a touristic small city, beautifull, one a year there are music carnavals, but if you want to get job you could get problems.
Antofagasta is a city with a lot of mining jobs, you can get good salaries but life cost is expensive.