Coco Beach true or false?

Hello Everyone,

Greetings all! I'm wondering what you all can tell me about Coco Beach in Panama? I seen some posts about people visiting the site.  Did anybody ever visit the site? What can you tell me about this development? My wife and I were planning a trip this summer to look at the lots and supposedly they are starting construction now. 
I'm just wondering what's the truth. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Miguel

Hello Miguel,
This would be a good question to ask on my facebook page called "Puerto Armuelles friends '.
Ask to join and I will add you.
I'm currently living in Puerto Armuelles and am familiar with Coco beach but cannot answer your question.  Maybe someone on the fb page can.
Cheers!
Kim

Kim,

Oh man, I don't have facebook. Thanks for your response tho. Your about 15 minutes away from Coco Beach, how's the weather? Pretty humid all year round? Did it take you a white to get used to it? I seen a post on here about your town being described as a depressed area. What are your thoughts on the town and this side of Panama?

Miguel,
Yes the weather is pretty humid year-round. I live in a small community along the beach not far from Coco Beach called Corazon de Jesus. I have visited the beach area of Coco Beach and it is absolutely beautiful. I live in a Panamanian community with very few expats. I have local fishermen living next door and I am able to get fresh fish and shrimp regularly. Yes of course it took a while to get used to but I absolutely love it here. The town of Puerto Armuelles  is approximately a 15 minute drive away. There is a good grocery store called Romeros there that has pretty much everything you need. Because of Chiquita pulling out of business the town has suffered. But in the last year Del Monte has signed an agreement to reinvent the banana and pineapple plantations. They have agreed to invest 100 million dollars over 10 years. So we are looking forward to more jobs for the locals in the future and hopefully more funds invested in the town.

I hope this helps.
Kim