Von Florida nach Bayern

Hello Everyone,

If you asked me 10 years ago if I thought I would move to Germany to learn a new language and study thermodynamics at a Germany University, I'd say no way. I only studied Spanish for 2 years and I was think of Cuba or South America mostly. But I guess that's what happens when you find out your bestfriend and love of your life lives in Germany. Hey, why not?

I'm a 28 year old native Floridian with a background in Environmental Engineer. I built a blog about 9 months ago to document my experience for my friends and family. I'm inviting you all to read the somewhat daily passings of this strange life.

Sometimes its nice to surround yourself with people who can relate to your own experiences. I think an Expat.com fits.

See ya around,
h

Welcome Heza!

Don't forget to add your blog address in your profile > personal and to locate yourself on the user map ;)

Did you speak German when you decided to move?

All the best,

Julien

hello Heza
I have moved to Germany too and felt kind of the same. I would never have thought i would be living here either. But like you I moved here with my partner.

I am still struggling through the language and trying to make friends but blogging and meeting other expats definitely makes me feel less alone.

Welcome to expat-blog :)

Welcome Heza!
I did 5 years of German in high school... but moving to Germany isn't part of my plans.
But who knows what's tomorrow it's made of? :D

Thanks for the welcome!

@Julien's Question
When I decided to move, did I speak german?  Er, no. I didn't even know "Gesundheit" was german. But I studied the language on my own for about a year before the actual move with books and tapes.  It could have been more stressful.

I wish I taken German in high school...and French...and Italian...and Tagalog, but it wasn't possible or required. poo.

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR