NTSA Motor vehicle transfer

I bought  a car in 2016 and did not get to make a transfer of the logbook I had to leave the country and when I returned last month J found out it's now being done online.  I've all the transfer documents  from the previous owner but now I dont know how to go about transferring the log book to my name since transfers  are no longer done manually and now I want to sell the car but I  can't since it's under someone else's name

Did you get an answer? I also suffer a similar challenge. I will be glad to know what worked for you.

Basic Info; 1. you must register a TIM account....https://tims.ntsa.go.ke/login_csp.jsp
                    Both parties (buyer and seller) have to create individual accounts.

Click on VEHICLE REGISTRATION to access the menu
Click on APPLY FOR TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
Click on CREATE NEW button and key in the vehicle registration number
Click on INQUIRE to find information about the vehicle
Then click VIEW to get more information
UPLOAD a scanned copy of the logbook
Under New Vehicle, the seller should select whether they are individual, company, dealer or financial institution.
Key in national ID number if making the transfer as an individual
If transacting as a company, key in PIN number the click the ADD option
Proceed to security verification, select MOBILE
Select SEND VERIFICATION CODE then enter the code you will receive on your phone
Once the seller clicks SUBMIT, the buyer will receive notification via SMS that the vehicle has been transferred to them and that they are required to either accept or decline the transfer.

Thank you for the info. However, my challenge is that the registered owner is in the USA. Will he get the SMS from NTSA so that he can transfer the car to me? Or must he come back to Kenya?

If he still has the mobile number he registered with and be on roaming mode ( I hope you understand on roaming, where you can receive calls and text wherever you are). But if he have lost the number he has to come to Kenya get affidavit from advocate stating the change of Mobile number   KRA PIN  and present them to NTSA offices. Then from there he can manage to login. Please note NTSA keep changing rules. Am not Professional and this is out personal knowledge.

Thank you. This information is very useful.

You are welcome