Process to sale a car duty unpaid

Hi we are moving and I have a car to sale so I have a buyer what is the process to sell him the car. The car is duty unpaid with number plate UN.
thanks

Hi Aminata,

There are some KRA forms (form A and C) that will have to be filled for the transfer and you will also have to seek an exemption letter. After that, the buyer will have to pay for registration.

Best Regards
Gichuru

Thanks a lot.
But where can I found an exemption letter?

This is found at Forodha house.. you could get in touch with me  and i could help in acquiring one.

Moderated by Kenjee
Reason : Please avoid sharing personal contact infos on a public forum

The procedure is different depending on whether the buyer has duty-free privileges or not. Assuming the buyer does not have duty-free privileges, then the procedure is:
1. YOU have to first pay the duty to KRA and get receipt (this is different from how the procedure used to be where it was the buyer who paid the duty).
2. You apply for permission from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to sell the vehicle, usually this done through your UN agency. If selling to a duty-free buyer it must be a named buyer. If selling to a non-duty-free buyer it can be either named or unnamed. Assuming it is non-duty-free buyer then you will include your KRA receipt with your application showing you have paid the duty.
3. Once you have that MFA permission approved, you can sell to the buyer

Please, call on this number 0723299711 ( Denis Kinoti),  can hel pyou.
Regards Danilo