Which bank in Denmark accepts US cashier's check?

I have recently moved from US to Denmark. Before moving,  I had closed my US account and got a cashier's check, which I expected to cash in Denmark. Now I have opened an account at Danske bank, but I am told that they do not take US cashier's checks! Do you know which bank in Denmark accepts them? Thank you indefinitely.

Actually, I am surprised to know that. Is the check too old?

I have chatted with Danske Bank this morning. They advised you at first to talk to the department where you opened your account about a solution.

But you could also call the customer centre and they would help you.
+45 70 123 456
Open 24 hours.

Please, share your experience with me and the rest of the forum.

/Nellie

It is actually a new check I got before moving to Denmark. They took my checking, saying they were unsure if their bank would take it but they would send my request to their people.  Then, after about a week or so, I got an mail from my online system, which says they won't take the check because they do not want to take the risk of getting a fraud check.

I find this frustrating because they gave misleading info to me telling me that they would take checks (before I closed the US bank account). I think they should work a bit and call the US bank etc. to clear the check "fraud" issues.

Anyway, is there a International bank in Denmark or some kind of financial system in Denmark who are willing to take US cashier's checks?

To be honest, I don't understand anything of this, but I haven't tried such a transaction myself, and I have no knowledge of banking at all.

I take that you want to put the money into an account in Danske Bank, not have it disbursed? It will be quite another situation why they fear whitewashing.

Do take contact to your former bank. Maybe, they can help with good advice about what to say to the Danish bank to get this issue solved.

I find this frustrating because they gave misleading info to me telling me that they would take checks (before I closed the US bank account). I think they should work a bit and call the US bank etc. to clear the check "fraud" issues.
Have you confronted Danske Bank with their sayings? We talk about misleading advice why they have to help you out of this situation. Use this formula to describe your problem and quote the department's sayings. I see that the bank will do all it can to help you as they want satisfied customers. I think they mean it as they have been critized a lot for their treatment of private customers the last years why private customers have left them by the dozen. Therefore, Nordea is now the biggest bank in DK.
https://danskebank.dk/privat/find-hjael … skriv-form

Let's here how it goes.

/Nellie

We will be moving to a new condo in Copenhagen from the U.S. My wife is a Danish citizen so we are able to purchase property. Is there any bank in DK that will except a U.S. personal or bank cheque?

My best advice will be to contact the  banks themselves to find out which way will be the very best.

Hvem er de største banker i Danmark?
Finanstilsynet opdeler årligt bankerne efter deres størrelse (opgjort i arbejdende kapital). De 10 største danske banker i 2021 er:
Danske Bank
Jyske Bank
Sydbank
Nykredit Bank
Spar Nord Bank
Arbejdernes Landsbank
Ringkjøbing Landbobank
Saxo Bank
Sparekassen Kronjylland
Sparekassen Sjælland/Fyn

I had expected to find Nordea on the list, but it must have somthing to do with the criterias. However, here it is
https://www.nordea.dk/

/Nellie