Thalys Fares

Has one ever booked a train directly on Thalys's web site? http://www.thalys.com/be/en/new-fares/Brussels/Paris

I would like to know exactly how do their fares work. It is strange that they ask you to submit your information before you get a chance to select what type of fare, but again, I have not done the whole thing... Just wondering how it works.

When you say "submit your info" do you mean like your credit card info? That would indeed be odd, and I know the b-rail site doesn't ask for it until you've selected your trains and everything. We just booked our Germany tickets a couple weeks ago, so I know that for certain.

Anyway, you should be able to book them through the normal b-rail site as far as I'm aware? I know if you use it it shows the Thalys trains along with the normal ones, I've never tried to select those though as I've never gone somewhere that it was the only option, and since they're overpriced... I'd try checking through b-rail first and see if you can book it there.

Thanks Melby. Thalys advertise some sort of discounted rates - like 25 euros one way to Paris, but when I tried to book, no where to be found such an offer. :( I guess it does not exist, but they are only trying to lure folks to look and maybe book.

Ah right, those kind of things are always "starting from" and such, it'll only be on specific dates and stuff. The airlines do the same thing. Promotions for certain prices, but it'll only be a few specific flights on certain days, where like 90% of it is more expensive, some of it tonnnns more. Typical business stuff done everywhere! lol. I know I've seen those fares advertised on b-rail as well, so I don't think it'd matter if you booked it through the Thalys website or b-rail in terms of the promotion.