Finally making the big move

Hello everyone!!

My name is Laura and I am so excited to have found this forum. I was recently laid off from my job and want to take my savings and move to Turkey. This has been a dream of mine for a long time. I have tried to get a job teaching English (via the internet) with no luck. I believe I have enough money to get me by for a bit but was hoping that you guys could tell me if it's easier to get a job as a walk-in after I have moved or if I need to secure a job before moving. I would like to live in Istanbul and have around $10,000 to live off of until I find a job. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Laura

Hi and welcome on board Laura :)

Your message has been moved to the Istanbul forum for better visibility ;) Concerning your question i would suggest you to have a look at the jobs section of Istanbul classifieds and eventually post an advert ;)

Good luck
Armand

Hi,
istanbul is an amazing city with millions of opportunities in it. i m not sure if you can find a job from there, but if you can just take it! also before picking a job there r some questions you should find answers like; where ll u live in istanbul, wht kind of lifestyle do u think to have, and why are you moving istanbul etc. which ll lead you make a decision about picking a working/living area. i m sure u have answers for these questions but you need to figure out which part of city is suitable for your answers :) i think your saving is quite enough for the period to get know about city, lifestyle and professional life.

Hello Laura I am moving as well from Ponte Vedra Fl. I am leaving America mid April have a job in Istanbul and have found rents are a bit steep. Maybe we can talk sometime. I am in Istanbul now for one more week wanting to secure housing before I leave to go back to the states.
Karen