Can we live on $3500

Hi everyone,

I have am contemplating a position in Brunei with a salary of $3500 a month with a accommodation allowance of $1500 a month. My first question is.. can my husband and I live comfortably on this?

He will not be working initially and will only be on a visitation visa but may find work while we are there. My second question is, is he able to change visas easily if he finds work or does he have to stay permanently on a visit only visa?

Hello.
It depend of you standard of live, of course, but it since quite good to me.
Do you have kids? if yes, you might have also allowance for the school?

Sounds good to me as you guys have BND1500 extra allowance to spend on accommodation - hopefully the place of work is in the capital and not in the oil and gas town of Kuala Belait where accommodation can get very expensive.

Oh! I am assuming the figure you quote is in BND? If it's in USD, EUR, GBP...then, its even more for you to spend on really.

kimbus wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have am contemplating a position in Brunei with a salary of $3500 a month with a accommodation allowance of $1500 a month. My first question is.. can my husband and I live comfortably on this?

He will not be working initially and will only be on a visitation visa but may find work while we are there. My second question is, is he able to change visas easily if he finds work or does he have to stay permanently on a visit only visa?

I can't help u on the first question,as for the 2nd quest,there is a quota in Brunei for different nationalities coming to work so it depends on your husbands nationality and qualification & the allocated qouta. if he is successful then the new employer can sponsor him to work under them, hope it is helpful & makes sense to you