Expat story - Cuenca, Ecuador

Expats in Cuenca

I don't know if this story has already been posted.  It's about 8 days old and is about expats living in Cuenca, Ecuador, and other places.  It says Cuenca is struggling with more expats than it can handle.  I hope that doesn't backfire as more Baby Boomers move South.  The couple in the story says they can live comfortably for $1,500 per month.  That's good to hear.  I can handle that.

You could live like a king and Queen on that amount in Brazil

I'm not a queen, but it would be nice to live like a king.   :)

"Well" come to Brazil, they need King's out here
Plenty of you yank's here, so you will not be loney

Which city in Brazil has the most expats? Thanks.

I think you will find "expat's" in most citys, in Brazil. Maybe more in Rio, but the city Im in "Goiania" there's a number of them here, its a very big city

I will have to research Goiania, thanks.

Ty44 wrote:

I will have to research Goiania, thanks.

it all depends on what your looking for
I lived in the state of Rio for 2 years, not the city of Rio but the state, in a small town called Iguaba Grande,
but everything was slow, and not much work   But now where i am everything is fast, and more work

I am trying to figure that piece out. I am finding that living in Germany hasn't been anything that I imagined. Did not take long for the nostalgia to dissipate. And the language barrier is brutal. I do not have an affinity for languages so I am afraid that learning German may be beyond my reach. I am just not wired that way.

Glad to hear that you are finding stable work.

Hi there
Goiania is in Brazil 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goniana

click on this link

Ty44 wrote:

I am trying to figure that piece out. I am finding that living in Germany hasn't been anything that I imagined. Did not take long for the nostalgia to dissipate. And the language barrier is brutal. I do not have an affinity for languages so I am afraid that learning German may be beyond my reach. I am just not wired that way.

The languges in Brazil is "Portugese",,,,would you have a problem with that

I can garantee you the language barrier is worse in Brazil than it is in Germany.
Very few people speak English here, only wealthy highly educated families have access
to quality English tuition.

Find activities and meet other expats

OR