Naturalisation and citizenship in Ghana

Hello everyone,

What are the requirements for acquiring citizenship in Ghana? For example, length of residence, language requirements, employment etc..

What formalities are involved in the process?

What is the policy on dual-citizenship in Ghana? Do you have to give up your former nationality?

What are the advantages and benefits of acquiring Ghanaian citizenship, in your opinion?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Bhavna

I still only have residency permit and will be qualified for citizenship in the next 2 years.  I The requirements I think you should be residing legally in Ghana for some time, Can speak some of the languages or trying to speak it, a professional, a property owner or a business owner etc.

You can make your application directly to the Immigration Authorities or get information from their website for the correct procedure.

I am not sure if they are still issuing Dual-Citizenship, my son has dual-citizenship and it does not require you to give up your other Passport.

The  advantages and benefits of acquiring Ghanaian citizenship, in my opinion is that you can travel freely to other African countries, You can also take part in voting and elections, you can have a say in all matters concerning the development and economy of the country  also more investment opportunities.