Cost of a marriage certificate and ebola free certificate

I am looking at getting married to a Ghana/usa  citizen soon and have been told by the lawyer that the marriage certificate cost 400 pounds and the Ebola free certificate is 300 pounds can anyone tell me if this correct or is there something wrong, this information came from her lawyer?

You are being cheated! The marriage certifucate is less than 100 cedis and there is nothing like an ebola free certifcate. I wonder if this is the same Ghanaian/USA citizen who I have been asked about by several other people.

Do u have any idea of what part of the us she is from or what her name is at all.

There have been two different ones but basically their tactics have been the same - get as much money out of the man as they could through a series of stories about sick relatives, expensive documents etc. Hope you haven't sent a lot of money already

Reidsville Georgia usa. Winniferd Asante

Not the same name but the same modus operandi!

My God, no! Nothing about 400 pounds, something like 100 Ghc, actually I don't remember how much I paid. At that time, one year and half, there was no ebola around, but it sounds to me so strange to ask such a certificate. Please, be careful, Ghanaians try to cheat people too much!

Looks as though it was the lawyer trying to scam her.

Sorry, the lawyer is only a ruse. She has used that to make you think that it is legal. It would save you money to actually come to Ghana, meet her and get married as sending money is just throwing good money after bad.
My husband and I got married on a week's visit. We went to the Registrar's place on Monday and filled in a form and returned on Tuesday and were married. It cost us very little.
Also you do realise that you will have very little chance of her coming to the UK to live with you even if she is American as claimed so living in Ghana is probably going to be your best option anyway.

hahahahaha my dear it is not true we don't have my Ebola free certificate in Ghana that we sale and the marriage  certificate less then 500 cedis dear take your time and email me on [email protected] i work with registrar general ghana hope to help u out dear i am also ready to help u get your married done

This is completely wrong!!!  Don't get scammed by some lawyer or anyone else in Ghana for that matter. Do you know what you're doing?

You don't need an ebola free certificate, so someone told you that they are lying.  They are monitoring people at the airport by taking temperatures and watching for signs and symptoms.  It's that simple.

Seriously, you should question this marriage you want to get into.

Hi,

I am a British Citizen living in Ghana and married my partner, who is Ghanaian in October this year.  We paid 70 Cedis for the marriage certificate at the local Metropolitan Assembly.

As others have said, there is no such thing as an Ebola certificate!!!  It is a shame that people see such a terrible disease as a means of making money.

Sorry that you are in this situation and best of luck.

Kind Regards,

John