Just moving to Ghana

Hi my name is Malcolm I am British currently in London awaiting the last details to be finalised on a project before I move to Ghana to live and work in about one month. I have travelled a little but first time on mainland Africa (previously Cape Verde Islands),any information and advice would be well received especially in terms of preparation, anything I should bring. Thanks for your help.

Hope you enjoy your time in Ghana.
Apart from making sure you have all the medical essentials and that you have all the vaccinations etc then I don't think there is anything you need to bring as you can buy everything here - at a price so if you use a lot of anything make sure you bring that.
You don't say where you will be living but if it is in a rural situation then of course it will be very different and you will have to stock up in Accra before you go.
Hope you enjoy your stay. Ghana is a great country.

Thanks for your advice. I will be living in the Brong-Ahafo Region which I understand is about 7 hours drive from Accra. Exciting project just waiting to finalise details before we can be more specific.

I'm sure you will enjoy it. Hope everything works out

hi there malcolm,
go on [moderated: no ads please] and meeet other british citizens in ghana, i could give a list of nice restuarants and leisure places to visit. also if you need someone to show you around...

Hello cleopatra101

kindly note that you are participating on a thread inactive since 2011!

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team