How to make friends in Ghana

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Ghana :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Ghana??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Bonjour,
Je m'appelle Suzane, j'aimerais me faire des ami(e)s ghanéens, échanger avec eux, et pourquoi pas, connaître un jour le Ghana, car j'ai beaucoup entendu parler de ce pays, et je l'aime déjà sans le connaître. C'est incroyable!
A bientôt.
Suzy.

Hi! In the months july and august I'll be staying in Cape Coast for an internship. Someone would like to make some trips with me during the weekeinds?
regards,
Barbara

I find it more a matter of trying not to make too many friends. All you really have to do is strike up a conversation with someone on the street and they're your friend for life. I think the message is to be selective about who you choose to be friends with. There are a lot of young guys in the cities that look out for foreigners to become special friends with. I found one of the best way to make friends are unplanned moments on trotros or buses when you have hours to kill. I've met some of the most interesting people this way who've become good friends.

As for expats and travelers, I've found it's much easier in Ghana than other nations to strike up a conversation here. Perhaps because there are less travelers than other countries, I don't know. Anyway, I don't find it that hard and I think if you just smile and start talking, you'll be fine.

well I'm new, moved here a month ago with my boyfriend. We're here for a couple of years, met plenty of Ghanaians, that's easy! But it would be great to meet some expats too, any suggestions?

I am due to move to ghana for 2 years at the end of August! Eeek!
I'm also looking for ways to meet youngish expats.

Also there is a facebook group called - expat activities in Ghana if you are interested?

hi all,

We landed here for over a month now... from Canada...
Girlfriend and I are interested in meeting some expats too...

:)

Hello,

The Ghana expat Network, also might help. ;)

All the best,
Christine

how are u

we are doing fine, how  you?

jenny11 wrote:

how are u

Welcome to Expat.com, Jenny :)
Could you present yourself?

Meeting Ghanaians is easy, meeting the right type of Ghanaian takes experience of living in the country for some years. And then you'll still make mistakes.

To meet expats join a club:
the HASH
Scottish Country Dancing (same contact as above)
North American Women's Association (also for men, very friendly)
British in Ghana
Also hang out at places where expats and locals go such as:
Champs for quiz nights and karaoke.
Literary nights at Cuppa Cappuccino
Pippa's Gym
Beach Resorts
Accragio Choir

the easiest way to make new friends in ghana is to meet someone and speak the language,though is not easy.you can say,(Ete sen)which means how are you?while the person says,(Eye)but not as in eye in english..e ye

making friends in Ghana is usually through different mediums like weddings, outings, you could start from your place of work and extend your friends by meeeting your new friends freind

i am  a sunshine boy from china doing construction in accra,26 very like to make friend, i like sport ,travel ,photograhy .
my email:[email protected]

Am frankline from Nigeria am a honest guy i will love to school in Ghana so i need help from Ghana friends and contacts, this my mobile number 07038670735 or 08181469515

i am Johnson Kuriakose from India, Learn to Smile, the best way to make a friend in a unknown place is to have a smile on our face and look at strangers and give that good smile you have..., once they return the smile, take the initiative to talk on some topic which is not personal :)

I sincerely need a friend

hi how are you.. tell me something about yourself and your country

Hi, pls I want to meet somebody in ghana

philip Adejare wrote:

Hi, pls I want to meet somebody in ghana

Welcome to the forum
Could you please introduce yourself to the forum with a little information. 
Thanks

Moderated by Yuveshen.
Reason : Off topic.

kumar18 wrote:

Moderated by Yuveshen.
Reason : Off topic.

Be specific Kumar

U said u will be in Ghana end of August.  Hope you made it to there safely. I too  look 4ward to be there early next month but I apparently know nobody there.  How did you manage to link up with potential friends?

Best regards
Ivan

Well. We can use the social media. I was lonely in Accra. So I basically hired a personal assistant just so I would have someone to talk to and move around with.
I really could have used an expat group to socialize with.
A social media platform to check in when we arrive on the continent will help.
Thx
Ceecey

@Criley 1

You have posted on an old (2015) inactive thread.

I suggest you open a new thread.

Closed