Whats goin on in Jubail?

I just arrived from California and am new Instructor at JTI. (Jubail Tech. Inst.) I could be wrong, I hope I am, but it doesnt seem like theres much to do here.  Ive only been here for less than a month.  Ive been shopping in Jubail and Fanateer and Ive seen little in the way of entertainment, cinemas, amusement parks, playgrounds and parks...etc, ya know, social stuff.  I have found that the people are really nice and helpfull if ya ask. I like to cruise my bicycle but Ive been warned, and after seeing the way people drive, I can see why.  Any suggestion???

Welcome on board weldnfool ;)

california...which city?
anyway, husband joined work in jubail 2 weeks ago. i think it'll take a little getting used to. But, considering there's so much time to spend with the family (once we get there), I am hoping it'll get better.

Right now, Jubail seems such a secretive little place...still trying to get my pulse on it.

Good luck in the new city and keep us posted please.

Thanks for the reply....   Sacramento, this city where all the decisions are made for the whole state, or should I say, indecision. Itll all get better w/ a revised version of Moonbeam.
San Diego Huh? Cool city. I lived there years ago as a squid.

I havent figured out this city either, it must be even more of a mystery for a woman.

Good luck to you

As a resident of Jubail for 4 months now, I confirm there isn't much to do around here. Khobar, Dammam or Bahrain is where you should go if you want more options, but then again the options are still limited to malls and eating out. :/

Thanks for confirming what I was afraid of.  I spose that if I met someone to share and explore with, there would be more opportunities. Even if theres not much to do, its alot nicer to do nothing with someone. Maybe eating out

weldnfool wrote:

Thanks for confirming what I was afraid of.  I spose that if I met someone to share and explore with, there would be more opportunities. Even if theres not much to do, its alot nicer to do nothing with someone. Maybe eating out

hey fool ;-)

if you are the outdoors type and interested in some desert driving/camping (4x4 or a dirt bike) then i can help you out.

cheers
Vicks

Hi I'm Khalid from jubail if you need any help don't hesitated

Go back dear.
Jubail is a place for wild life

Hello sajidachaudhry

Thank you for your participation on this thread, however kindly note that the latter is inactive since 3 years.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team