Off road motor bikes Jubail

I am moving back to saudi to work and will be living in Jubail. I am looking to get back into off road bikes, is there any group that i can get in touch with regarding a bit of riding. i should be in Jubail prior to xmas 2013

Cheers Fog

Hi Fog,

Please note that I moved your post on the Jubail forum for better interaction and visibility.

Since when do you enjoy riding? Is it one of your hobbies?

Best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hi Fog,

My boyfriend James has asked me to reply to you on his behalf (he's not yet set up to make posts on here).

He will be moving out to Jubail in February 2014, and will be interested in doing the same as you to have some fun with offroading. Who will you be working for, he will be working for Sadara.

He wanted me to ask you how you plan on getting a bike there? He was thinking about getting a motorbike for commuting (as he does here in the UK at the moment) but I know he would be looking for another one for playing with offroad for out of work time! He wasn't sure if it would be best to look at getting one imported or buy from Saudi?

@Sarah, tell your BF he'll get creamed here on the roads in no time.  The drivers are incompetent and do really stupid stuff all the time.  His time will be bound to run out sooner than later.  I rode bikes on the roads back in Yorkshire for 7 years and would never dream of doing it here.  Tell him to stick to a car and drive a mix of progressively/defensively.

Off road is a different matter.  It's advisable to bring your own helmet with you since the BS standard ones here are a tad expensive (you'll be looking in a Harley shop) and the affordable (read: cheaper) ones will frankly not let your skull survive an accident.  I'm not sure about boots and body armour/neck brace but I assume all but the neck brace will be easily available here.

Beakersful wrote:

The drivers are incompetent and do really stupid stuff all the time.

To be frank I was even doubting the idea of driving altogether when I first came here  :huh:

Thanks for the advice guys, it's appreciated. I'll warn James off from the commuting idea. He would definitely be up for off roading though, what would you advise with regards to buying a bike out there or importing one? Are there any clubs for it around the Jubail area?

have no interest in riding on the roads just go and play in the sand . Am in Jubail now living in a compound in the industrial area and am looking to meet people . Fridays are just far to boring

What about the availabilty of decent off road bikes i.e. pucka MX like YZ or RM? Are they available if not anyone know about rules for importing?

Hi John,

My husband and I are in jubail now, and he is in the process of buying an offroad bike. Are you managing to get out and doing any off-roading at the moment? If so, I'm sure he would like the company once his bike is here, hopefully within the next few weeks. :-)

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi. Would also be interested to have some fun offroad in the desert. Living now in total three years in jubail ( one year with my wife) and now its time to get more active 😂. Do you already have your bike? You bought locally? Was riding a bike for 5 years in austria but here in saudi ...... No way!!  only offroad. Thanks for an update. Regards

Hi Havi,

James has bought a new KTM from Dubai, and is going to collect it next weekend. He's worked in Jubail since August and I joined him out here a few weeks ago. He wants to start being more active too, and like up you say, the roads are a no go! Did you do off-roading in Austria? Are you planning on getting a bike here locally?

Hi guys,

I been doing off road before (Sand Riding) together with Saudi Nationals but I stop when I transfer to Khafji area.
I have my Suzuki RM-465 before and it was sold out. Now I bought Kawasaki KX-125 and its lying inside my room. I want to back to sand riding. Just send me message I'm glad to join with you guys.

Sarahp21 wrote:

Hi Havi,

James has bought a new KTM from Dubai, and is going to collect it next weekend. He's worked in Jubail since August and I joined him out here a few weeks ago. He wants to start being more active too, and like up you say, the roads are a no go! Did you do off-roading in Austria? Are you planning on getting a bike here locally?

Hey Sarah!

I my self will be getting a bike in the next week, how did your husband got the KTM from dubai?
I was looking for a bike from quite a long while and finally got a used but in great condition.... but definitely Dubai has more better options than here..

Thanks!

Its great to hear other people in the area who are keen to go and get out on the sand, I will get my husband to contact you on here.

First problem though is that we are struggling to find good quality 2 stroke oil, he has found some locally but it seems cheap and not very good quality.

Does anyone know where he can buy this locally, or where we can get it shipped in from?

Thanks!

NabilAnsari wrote:
Sarahp21 wrote:

Hi Havi,

Hey Sarah!

I my self will be getting a bike in the next week, how did your husband got the KTM from dubai?
I was looking for a bike from quite a long while and finally got a used but in great condition.... but definitely Dubai has more better options than here..

Thanks!

James ordered his from the KTM shop in Dubai, and then had to go and pay for/sign for it in person (great excuse for a trip to Dubai!) and then he got it transported over in a truck, took about a week or so with some issues at the border. Nothing seems to go straight to plan here! It's here now anyway! Do you have your bike now? What did you go for?

Hey Sarah,

Your husband can get the 2 stroke oil from Qatif, there is a bike dealer and mechanic. He has many stuff and he is quite reasonable. Any particular brand he is looking for?

My friend got a Suzuki GSXR 1000, so currently I am riding that!

If anything else you can PM as well!

Thanks

Hi Everyone, i have a 250cc dirt bike and a sports bike, I'm in Jubail opposite the Navy base, please get in touch if you want a chat or a ride out.
Carl.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your personal contact on the forum for security measures.
Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls