Studying in Kenya

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Kenya?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Kenya?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

The University of Nairobi is the oldest and highest ranked university in Kenya at 801+.  Course fees are quite reasonable compared to other countries.

I don't know that much about higher education in Kenya, but bear in mind that Kenyans with money will bend over backwards to send their children to University in other countries, rather than have them study in Kenya.  The UK, USA and South Africa are favourite destinations for this.

In my opinion, only benefit of studying in Kenya for foreigners are school fees. Nothing else.
Level and quality of education is still very much behind than international standard.
Maybe for the other Africans, it will be acceptable but for others, will not be acceptable.

But if someone wants to study African history, African economic etc....such a related Africa, it will be ok.
This is just my personal opinion.

Thank you.

Sam Lee

Hello

Studying in Kenya too is quite advisable.we have several universities among the best being  Day-star University,Nairobi University ,Kenyatta University Starthome  university among others.but the above few i can always recommend you to join them as per what you are intending to pursue....
All the best.

Ian from Nairobi Kenya