Education in Kenya

What is standard of education in Kenya ?

Compared to other developed / developing countries.

Education system is supportive for new developments or resistive as in  some of  the areas.

In India there are various types of syllabus followed viz.  State Board, CBSE,ICSE, IB, IGSCE , how about in kenya.

Are there any CBSE schools in Mombasa as they are in most part of world.

The standard of education in Kenya is reputed to be amongst the highest on the continent.  In my opinion, the standard of education is superior to that of the UK and of this reason we have elected to have our (UK born) granddaughter educated in Kenya.  Further to that, we have recently swapped her from a UK system school to a Kenya system (8-4-4) school, which also offers GCSE and A Level at senior level (Mount Kenya Academy, Nyeri).

We found that the discipline and attitude to learning was sadly lacking in the UK school that she attended and she failed to thrive, as she needs to be pushed and motivated.  There was also a marked deterioration in her general behaviour, seemingly due to the lack of effective discipline (no the school's fault).

Even in the UK system school (in Kenya), we felt that there was too little emphasis on 'the basics' in terms of Maths & English and discipline was also poor.

Since joining her current school, she has really progressed.  Learning is carried out in a disciplined, structured yet caring environment.

Of course, as with anything else, individual schools vary in quality and you have to be selective.

Dear ,

Thank you for your comments.

Understood the notes given.

is there any comparison available with any one of present curriculum at Kenya & India.

I can't comment further as I do not have any knowledge of the Indian curriculum.