Want to convert my UAE Driving Licence to Bahrain License

Hello All...
Hope all are doing Fine ..

I was holding a Valid UAE License (Light vehicle-Automatic  ) , but unfortunately I have lost  it , It was Valid up to 26.02.2022, I am Having only the soft copy right now...
Here, I Would like to know , with out the original License, Is it possible to convert it a Bahrain Driving license immediately or  I have to open the file and attend the classes .

OR , I can go UAE ones and get a duplicate  copy , then come back and apply for converting License ..?

Please help me out..........................!! :)

If you still have the residence permit in UAE and still residing there, I suggest to get another copy. 

1.  Having a Gulf-issued driver's license with a valid residence ID would entitle you to ANOTHER Bahrain-issued license.  You'll get to keep the other license.
2.  If you no longer have a valid residence ID from any Gulf country but still have a valid driver's license from there, Bahrain will issue you a driver's license BUT will confiscate and cancel the old one.  No schooling or training required.  This was my case.  Got my new Bahraini driver's license within 5 minutes.  And they took my Saudi license.  Fee is BD26.5

Hope this helps.

Thanks  for the replay  Friend....!!
I don't have a resident permit in UAE, I just have the scan copy of my UAE driving license...
That's the problem..if I go uae for two days...as visit...can I get a duplicate...? Do you know something about that..?

Thanks  for the replay  Friend....!!
I don't have a resident permit in UAE, I just have the scan copy of my UAE driving license...
That's the problem..if I go uae for two days...as visit...can I get a duplicate...? Do you know something about that..?

Hi,
for a better response to your first query regarding getting the UAE license with just the photo copy of the same, i would suggest you to create a new post on the UAE forum
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=428

and regarding the issuing of Bahrain License, yes you need your original UAE license when going in to change it.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=291865

T&R

Hi
Just take you ID and the driving license to traffic in Isa town and they will convert it straight away , please remember take you Bahrain ID including passport pictures

Same issues with me

@ chandancingh1 :

Kindly note that this thread is quite old and inactive.
I invite you to create a new thread in the Bahrain forum.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Hi how are you
I loss or eor forgot my UAE driving license
Now I need bharain DL   plz just Tel me how I can get bharain DL

You need the original driving license to exchange it for a Bahrain one.

If i change uae license in Bahrain. When I moveing uae can take same license

It doesn't work the other way round.   If you read the old threads, you will understand. 

They will send your UAE license to RTA and in your login there, it will show as "impounded".  You are going to have to go and get it back once you relocate to UAE.   If it expires, forget about it.  Bahrain license is not converted to UAE license automatically for expats.  You still have to do a test.

@XTang sir I change my license UAE to Bahrain if I will back to UAE I can gate my driving license back .UAE driving license I submit in Bahrain traffic

Sir I have uae driving license that I change in Bahrain uae license still valid until 2024 if I go back to uae I will gate back my uae driving license

@Francis Miranda It is better to check with the traffic office whether it is sent to UAE or not. if it is not sent, You can surrender your Bahrain License and they will give the UAE License back.

@topinsight01 if iwill go back in uae I will gate new uae driving license  because uae driving license is valid until 2024 but original I submit in Bahrain..

@Francis Miranda As I said Please check with traffic office in Bahrain whether they have it or it is sent to UAE.  If they inform you that it is sent to UAE then you will have to check it with UAE traffic office.

@FrancisMiranda:  I already answered this before. The traffic office Bahrain will send it to RTA in Dubai.   It takes a while, usually 6 months or so.  After this, your license in RTA file will be showing as "impounded".  To get the license back, you will have to go to Deira branch with a valid UAE residence visa. 

I have UAE driving license but expired last year still i can transfer UAE license to get Bahrain license

I have UAE driving license but expired last year still i can transfer UAE license to get Bahrain license
-@zahid0802

As it is expired, You will not be able to convert it straight away. Most probably they will waive the classes and ask you to appear for the test directly. Book an appointment at Mawaeid at the driving school and apply there.

@topinsight01

Hi All,

I visited the Driving School today for enquiring about the waiver of classes with my expired UAE license.

While entering the gentlemen sitting near the entrance told me to show the booking no and reason for your booking. I told him i want to enquire about applying for driving license using the expired license. He straight away told me it is not possible you need to start from beginning literally from beginning. I ask again there is not the slightest chance for me to atleast attend a driving test like how we use our international license for applying. He was adamant and said not possible if you have expired license for a day also they wont allow .

He canceled my booking and told me to go main branch. I tried my luck there also asking but was in vein of getting a good response.

But ya i suggest anyone to try once before you apply from start.

I have not applied yet waiting for some kind of connection who can pass this hassle.

@topinsight01
Hi All,
I visited the Driving School today for enquiring about the waiver of classes with my expired UAE license.

While entering the gentlemen sitting near the entrance told me to show the booking no and reason for your booking. I told him i want to enquire about applying for driving license using the expired license. He straight away told me it is not possible you need to start from beginning literally from beginning. I ask again there is not the slightest chance for me to atleast attend a driving test like how we use our international license for applying. He was adamant and said not possible if you have expired license for a day also they wont allow .

He canceled my booking and told me to go main branch. I tried my luck there also asking but was in vein of getting a good response.

But ya i suggest anyone to try once before you apply from start.

I have not applied yet waiting for some kind of connection who can pass this hassle.
-@hotspiz85

I think you went to muharraq branch. Only go to main branch for conversion.

@topinsight01

As I told earlier my uae license is expired then how can I do the conversion and second I first went Al Ali branch where the driving school is. From there I went to main branch there is only 2 options for booking 1 is driving license exchange and 2nd is issue learners license .

They told me to take learners license token which is not required here if I am enquiring about doing a test using expired license.

The reception at main branch will verify your visit and then only you can move forward which is the issue here.

@topinsight01
As I told earlier my uae license is expired then how can I do the conversion and second I first went Al Ali branch where the driving school is. From there I went to main branch there is only 2 options for booking 1 is driving license exchange and 2nd is issue learners license .
They told me to take learners license token which is not required here if I am enquiring about doing a test using expired license.
The reception at main branch will verify your visit and then only you can move forward which is the issue here.
-@hotspiz85

Please check my earlier post. As your driving license is expired you will not be able to convert it straight away.

The best way to get official response is log in to tawasul app. Raise an enquiry with general directorate of traffic. Explain your circumstance. They will call you back. If they say you need to take the test with the classes. End of the story and apply for new license.

@topinsight01

I understood each and every bit of words u inputted.

Now my point is the waive of classes and attending the test directly is there a possibility yes or no. The whole questioning was about making it happen and the probability.

It is a simple logic that if not then u need start fresh.

@topinsight01
I understood each and every bit of words u inputted.
Now my point is the waive of classes and attending the test directly is there a possibility yes or no. The whole questioning was about making it happen and the probability.

It is a simple logic that if not then u need start fresh.
-@hotspiz85

Again to my last post. As you have been informed by the official that it is not possible.

Raise an enquiry with general directorate of traffic. Explain your circumstance. They will call you back. If they say you need to take the test with the classes. End of the story and apply for new license.

If they say no in here as well. You will have to apply for a new license as everyone does.

I hope it is clear.

@topinsight01 I have a valid UAE driving license which expires 2 months from now...I wanted to know if I can still exchange it for a Bahraini driving licence or there is some criteria on the validity part..can you please let me know...thanks

As long as it is valid it should be fine, but visit the traffic directorate to confirm this.

T&R

@jlc231188

yes you can convert the same, just download the mawaeid app, chose tap general directorate of traffic>main branch> registration hall A> driving license exchange. book the appointment.

you have to carry original cpr, Uae driving license, passport size photo and Bhd 25.

its quick process you will get bahrain license is 30 min