BAH Airport parking

Taking a small trip because I have a few days.

I am finding conflicting reports about parking at BAH.  Do I want Lot A so I can just walk to the terminal? 

Unfortunately, the only time I have been to the airport was when I landed several months ago so I don't know the layout well.

I also heard it is between 1 and 3 BD per day - anyone know for sure?

Trying to save the big BD cost of a round-trip cab home, and my flights come in and leave at awful hours so won't ask the friends for a lift.

Thanks a lot for any help you can give!

The parking there is between 1BD and 10 BD per day. The premium car park "A" which is in front of the airport is 10 BD per day. The others are 1 BD I think.

brightonguy wrote:

The parking there is between 1BD and 10 BD per day. The premium car park "A" which is in front of the airport is 10 BD per day. The others are 1 BD I think.

You are right, Brightonguy. Here is the link:
http://www.bahrainairport.com/reach-us- … rates.html

Thanks - my flight got pushed back last night to a late departure so my ride canceled.  I went to the BAH site this morning but it keeps on crashing and won't reload at work.

Thanks for the tip!  Will try to see how close I can get then.

PASTED it for you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car parking at Bahrain International Airport is quick, easy and cost effective, offering different options for users depending on their preferences and needs.
Passengers arriving at the airport by car may be dropped off with their luggage at the front of the terminal at the departures level. A similar pick-up lane for arriving passengers also runs through the front of the terminal building's arrival level.
Drivers are requested not to park at the curb whilst seeing off passengers. This is due to the security measures in place at Bahrain International Airport which do not permit cars to park at the terminal curbside. Once passengers and their luggage has been picked up or dropped off, drivers are urged to leave immediately to allow for smooth flow of traffic.
The pick-up lane at arrivals is managed by an automated ticket system and parking is not permitted. The following charges apply:
Pick-Up & Exit Lane Penalty Charges
Duration    Rate(BHD)
1st – 15th minute    Free
16th – 60th minute    BD 1.000
2nd hour (Any part of the hour after the first hour will be charged as one hour)    BD 5.000 per hour

*Bahrain Airport Company has the right to tow away any vehicle caught violating the Terms & Conditions and levy an additional penalty of BD 25.000 for towing and a daily tariff of BD1.000 per day for parking the vehicle. Bahrain Airport Company will not be held liable for any damages to towed vehicle.
Car Park A is a premium car park for those who seek the convenience of parking close to the terminal building.
Premium Car Park A Tariffs
Duration    Rate(BHD)
0 - 20th Hour    0.400 Per Hour
21st - 24th Hour    0.500 Per Hour
1 Full Day (24hours)    10.000 Per Day
Any duration after the first 24hrs is charged as one full day    10.000 Per Day
Car Park B is a short term parking facility and operates under a competitive tariff structure. The path way to the airport terminal building is clearly marked.
Short & Long Term Car Park B
Duration    Rate / Per Hour (BD)
0 – 23 hours (per hour)    0.200
1st Day – (24th hour) per day    1.000
2nd Day onwards (per day) (Any part of the day after the first day will be charged as one full day)    1.000

Car Parks C, D, and E are for Long Term Car Park usage, for passengers who park their cars over multiple days. These parking facilities are now open for users with a special tariff that will apply as per the following table. A complimentary shuttle service operates regularly between the car parks and the terminal building.
LONG TERM CAR PARKING TARIFF Car Park C, D & E
Duration    Rate / Per Day
(24hr from time of entrance)
1st day onwards (Full 24 hours)    BD1/-per day

How to Pay:
The cashier counters are available at the exits and they are open 24 hours. Credit cards, debit cards and cash payments are all accepted.
BAC information counter - 24hr Inquiries :+973 17329555

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T&R
Arjun

Use Car Parks C, D or E. Costs BD1 per day. That's what I usually do. Much more cost effective than taking a taxi from suburbia. They also have a shuttle service between the parking and the terminal. Please add about 20 minutes for the shuttle time, because if you "just miss" the shuttle, you have to wait for them to go the full round  (if only one bus operates that day for our bad luck).

Do not park in the car park just outside the terminal building (Car Park A). This is only for short term parking and charges are exorbitant if you park for more than a couple of hours.

Farhaz wrote:

Use Car Parks C, D or E. Costs BD1 per day. That's what I usually do. Much more cost effective than taking a taxi from suburbia. They also have a shuttle service between the parking and the terminal. Please add about 20 minutes for the shuttle time, because if you "just miss" the shuttle, you have to wait for them to go the full round  (if only one bus operates that day for our bad luck).

Do not park in the car park just outside the terminal building (Car Park A). This is only for short term parking and charges are exorbitant if you park for more than a couple of hours.

Any experience with Car Park B, Farhaz? Charges are similar (1 BD per day) for short to medium term parking.

5hutterbug wrote:

Any experience with Car Park B, Farhaz? Charges are similar (1 BD per day) for short to medium term parking.

I have never ventured into it in my car. Car Park B has always been confusing to me, because they keep changing its purpose and rates. So I avoid parking there.

I do, however, walk through it to get to the Terminal building from Car Park C, because I find this faster than waiting for the shuttle bus if I have just missed the bus.

Thats for the copy and paste, Simboy!

I will see what is available for lots and will get as close as I can, I am not sure how busy it will be due to the weekend and Ashura holiday, but I am on my own schedule so I can always leave myself more time.  I don't mind getting to the airport early, I actually enjoy a little time to kind of unplug and read a bit.

And Fahraz - Riffa is the actual textbook definition of suburbia!  :top:

first 15 mins are not free !!! they changed it.. :(

Farhaz wrote:
5hutterbug wrote:

I have never ventured into it in my car. Car Park B has always been confusing to me, because they keep changing its purpose and rates. So I avoid parking there.

I do, however, walk through it to get to the Terminal building from Car Park C, because I find this faster than waiting for the shuttle bus if I have just missed the bus.

Walked past Car Park B and read the terms on the display.

0 to 23 hours costs 200fils per hour. 1 day is BD1.

Not sure how much it would cost for more than a day.

This is probably suitable for day trips.

Sonu Sivan wrote:

first 15 mins are not free !!! they changed it.. :(

The first 15 minutes is free in the drive through lane only. After the first 15 minutes the rates are huge.

In the main parking there is no free parking time at all.

Farhaz wrote:
5hutterbug wrote:

I took your advice and parked in Car Park C for a weekend trip. At 2 BD for the entire duration, it was a very good deal - much better than hiring taxis. Would've been fantastic if the area was covered, though

Hi this is Muhammad
Bahrain airport have three types of parking. One which is used for pick and go. Obviously it won't suit you. Other type is premium parking with charges which is quite expensive. There is long term parking (D & E) which is the most relevant for people like you.
Hope this will work for you.
Thanks

B was perfect.  I parked at 9 PM Thursday night, and left at 10 PM Monday night.  Cost was an even 5 BD.  The walk to the terminal was maybe 5 minutes, and I got turned around once. 

While it wan't covered, for a short trip my car would get just as dusty at home.  A quick wash and no problem.

There were a lot of empty spots as well, so I will be using B every chance I get now!

Thanks everyone for the help and advice.

Glad to hear of your experience, relwell.

I too travelled over the weekend and upon my return I asked the guy at Car Park B about the rates. It is 200 fils an hour for the first day. And then BD1 per day thereafter. So after the first 24 hours, Car Park B also operates like Car Parks C, D or E. And it is indeed much closer to the terminal building than the others.

I m thinking to park my car on July 15 in lot B or D/E, as C is closed.
I will be coming from Dammam, can not afford to take a chance.
What is your experience finding a spot in B during this time?
What are the charges for B?
What I understood, the hours until 12 midnight x200 Fillas+1 BD for each day thereafter
Please reply with your exp during this month?

Its Eid holidays time so yes there may be a rush, but you can never say!

Please read the above comments you will find the charges!

good luck!

T&R

I know that, thank you anyways!
Any one having experience during holidays?

The airport parking was crazy and messy over the Eid holidays. I saw lots of people had parked their cars on the pavements since the airport parking was filled to capacity.

Thankfully I got myself dropped this time and hence did not face the messy parking situation.