Looking for acoustic gigs

Hi!

Ive just moved over to Barcelona about three days ago with my acoustic guitar and am looking for some Irish pubs, small bars or venues and cafes to play acoustic gigs. Ive been playing in acoustic folk-rock, country, jazz and blues bands for the last 10 years and will be in the country till the end of the summer so am hoping to get some gigs while Im here.

Could anyone recommend some pubs or cafes that offer live music? Im hoping to just drop into a number of places and talk to the management about doing some acoustic gigs there.

Oh! If anyone would like to check out some of my music, please do so at here and here .  These are mostly originals, but I also play a lot of Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Townes van Zandt and other assorted 60s country and folk rock.

Isaac

Hi Isaac!
Not sure of where to go for getting acoustic gigs...Bcn seems to be a little dry in the live music scene...BUT I play sax so if you want to have a jam sometime then let me know!
Thea...

Just saw this on Craigs list - might be interesting:

http://barcelona.en.craigslist.es/muc/2131795060.html

You should also check out: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Electric- … 2621209958

I was there this week and they have a pretty good live music programme. The place is quite small (though by Gracia standards actually rather spacious), and an intimate and good place to hear/play live music.

Thanks JPope for the link. I emailed them a while back but havent heard anything back yet.

Thanks Steven B. too! Will check out that place soon, looks like they host a lot of different kinds of music.

also try cafe de madeira in via laetana, you can go along after 11pm most nights and there is a jam session.  the music is different each night, reggae, soul, funk, rock.

Thanks for the tip. I actually stayed just around the corner from there for about a week---can't believe I didnt know about it!

Hi Isaac, this is Rafa from Barcelona, Electric bar is very cool.

I am looking for an english singer for a very advanced project (we have our own studio).
Here you can listen some demos (recorded with e-drums and amps simulator).

My phone: 666432342

Thanks a lot!

Here the demos!!:lol:

myspace.com/theelectriconion