An Indonesian in Dubai, UAE looking for a job in the UK

Hi,

I am Indonesia living and working in Dubai, UAE and currently looking for a job in the UK.
I've been trying to apply from a lot of sites but no luck so far.
well, Actually i got several calls/Skype interview but always ended up in the same way. they told me that sponsoring visa is kinda hard.
Is this because the Brexit thing or something else?

anyway, i am a professional with more than 5 years experience with sales, marketing, public relation and PA/EA skills. I've been working in various industries in Dubai and Indonesia.
Currently working as an Assistant International Sales Manager for Germany company in Dubai.
I speak Bahasa Indonesia, fluent in English, basic Turkish and basic Arabic.

if any of you have an information regarding job, please kindly let me know.

cheers!

ayeshats wrote:

Hi,

I am Indonesia living and working in Dubai, UAE and currently looking for a job in the UK.
I've been trying to apply from a lot of sites but no luck so far.
well, Actually i got several calls/Skype interview but always ended up in the same way. they told me that sponsoring visa is kinda hard.
Is this because the Brexit thing or something else?

anyway, i am a professional with more than 5 years experience with sales, marketing, public relation and PA/EA skills. I've been working in various industries in Dubai and Indonesia.
Currently working as an Assistant International Sales Manager for Germany company in Dubai.
I speak Bahasa Indonesia, fluent in English, basic Turkish and basic Arabic.

if any of you have an information regarding job, please kindly let me know.

cheers!

Hi,

The sponsored visa does involve a lot of paper work and most employers don't really want to go through it. This is not related to Brexit, this is just how the UK visa system works.

I would suggest mentioning in your CV/cover letter that you do not have a British passport and that to be eligible to work in the UK, you will need a sponsored visa. This will mean that only companies seriously interested in hiring you and filling in the paper work will be contacting you.

You should have a look at the popular UK job boards; Indeed, Reed, and Monster to find top job opportunities in the UK.
Good luck and let me know how you get on!

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : off topic - please post an ad in the business partners in London section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Ayesha,

I am afraid you are barking up the wrong tree.

The interviews you do get are from organisations whose employees are not fully aware of visa qualifying criteria.

I am sorry to tell you that sales, marketing and public relation is not a skill which would ever qualify you to motivate your  employer  to make a case to apply for your work visa to the UK.

Kindly study the list of 'short skills' which  is constantly upgraded on UK home office sites  for more information. :)

Hi all,

This link will take you straight to the current UK Home Office Immigration  "Shortage Occupation List"; if your trade/occupation is not on that list and you are from outside the EU/EEA countries, then you will not get a visa to come and work in the UK - sorry.

Dear beautifull Friend,

I am Indonesian and international people but I am a moslem woman. I won't go to abroad to get a job or to get a man but we should get knowledge. We must study and make us a pride woman. Please think twice and apply for studying, so you can get all the world that you've dreamed.

I stayed in Germany and South Korea before. I studied German and Korean. I speak Indonesian, English, Korean and German. If you need help from me, some kind of information. I will give you information that you need. It will bring you to your way. Feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Best Regards

Hi Jobboard_finder, Thank you for your reply.

I do aware about the stuff you mentioned above.

And yes i did mentioned on my cover letter that i need a sponsorship to be eligible for working in the UK.

Currently i am on the 2nd stage of skype interview for one legit company which listed on UKBA list and i'm sure that the company aware of the paperworks involved for sponsoring an employee.

Again, thank you so much for you reply :)

riazcdki wrote:

Ayesha,

I am afraid you are barking up the wrong tree.

The interviews you do get are from organisations whose employees are not fully aware of visa qualifying criteria.

I am sorry to tell you that sales, marketing and public relation is not a skill which would ever qualify you to motivate your  employer  to make a case to apply for your work visa to the UK.

Kindly study the list of 'short skills' which  is constantly upgraded on UK home office sites  for more information. :)

Hi, thanks for your reply and ideas.

It is really hard to get and lock an interview but currently i got couple of interview from a potential companies.

Well, regarding the skill, i do agree and will keep myself updated. Thank you!

Ayesha,

i am glad to hear that there are some interviews lined up for you and hope you get through all the selection procedures.

Please let the Expat members know once you get the work visa, your advise will be valuable. :) .

riazcdki wrote:

Ayesha,

i am glad to hear that there are some interviews lined up for you and hope you get through all the selection procedures.

Please let the Expat members know once you get the work visa, your advise will be valuable. :) .

Of course, will do!

Thanks again :)