Market benchmark

Dear All,

Just wondering, does anyone have a market benchmark for use? I will be going into Libya to kick start on a company proces...

A benchmark for what?

Dope? Arms? Young boys? :lol:

come on Sandman6, don't hijack new discussions please

Hi Sandman, really cute... =D

Hi Julian, thank you...

Hi All, I am looking for, maybe, a salary benchmark for most of the standard jobs for Libya. Perhaps most of the HR professionals would also need that.

I think you really need to be more specific in order to get any accurate or relevant information. After all, we're not all going to start posting our salaries up here ;)

Industry type? Oil/Construction/Government/Retail/Service/Ducking and diving
Company ownership? International/Libyan/Goverment/Daddy
Location? Tripoli/Benghazi/The sticks/desert/offshore/Street corner coffee shop
Job Category? Management/Professional/Engineering/Sales & Marketing/Skilled worker/Unskilled worker/Big Man
Job Level?  Supervisor/Slave/Your superior
Certification? Masters/Degree/Professional/Right Connections
Experience? 20yrs+/Just out of school/Saw a programme about it on Discovery Channel
Job specific skills? 10yrs in Oncology Clinic/HPHT drilling/daddy knows the boss
Base salary? pittance/making do/talking telephone numbbers
% Allowances? free use of kettle/ schooling for kids/not having to ever turn up once to office

You can't just say 'a standard job'.

Mudman wrote:

I think you really need to be more specific in order to get any accurate or relevant information. After all, we're not all going to start posting our salaries up here ;)

Industry type? Oil/Construction/Government/Retail/Service/Ducking and diving
Company ownership? International/Libyan/Goverment/Daddy
Location? Tripoli/Benghazi/The sticks/desert/offshore/Street corner coffee shop
Job Category? Management/Professional/Engineering/Sales & Marketing/Skilled worker/Unskilled worker/Big Man
Job Level?  Supervisor/Slave/Your superior
Certification? Masters/Degree/Professional/Right Connections
Experience? 20yrs+/Just out of school/Saw a programme about it on Discovery Channel
Job specific skills? 10yrs in Oncology Clinic/HPHT drilling/daddy knows the boss
Base salary? pittance/making do/talking telephone numbbers
% Allowances? free use of kettle/ schooling for kids/not having to ever turn up once to office

You can't just say 'a standard job'.

Hi Mudman, of cours, thank you for the reminder.

Working at a International water desalination company, based in Tobruk. I am looking at the Skilled & unskilled workers for construction sites. For
1. Civil construction Technicans (Diploma or lower)
2. Mechanical Technicans(Diploma or lower)
3. Electrical Technicans (Diploma or lower)
4. Drivers (No need for qualifications)
5. Welders (3G and above experience)
6. Mechanical fitters (1 - 2 years of experience)
7. Account Assistant (Diploma or lower)
8. Human Resource Assistant (Diploma or lower)
9. Site Supervisor (Diploma or lower but with a few years exp)
10. Admin Assistant (Diploma or lower)

They will all be performing their duties at the building site in Tobruk, where accomodation (in a dormitory) & food will be provided.